Tom Humphries thread

No. Thatā€™s a distortion. Every person has a responsibility to act in their own safety. Going back to a strangerā€™s house under the influence of alcohol goes against their own safety. People make choices in life, she made one that put her in danger that bears no direct correlation with the impact of her as a victim or the impact of the culprit.

Getting smashed and going off with strangers for sex is reckless behaviour. Not the type of thing any parent would like their daughter to be at.

I havenā€™t and I think Iā€™m the better judge of that.

Nope. Once again you ate concocting blame. She exposed herself to danger like I would if I walked down a dangerous estate late at night, on my own under the influence of alcohol.

They should be aware itā€™s possible, particularly when they know very little about the person theyā€™re wuth. Better safe than sorry as they say. The alternative seems to be that you naively believe the best in every stranger you meet.

I donā€™t know if itā€™s the time I was raised it but I was brought up to be suspicious of strangers and people I didnā€™t know. I certainly wouldnā€™t be leaving myself exposed with them.

No, thatā€™s just a truth of the matter. Getting drunk meeting some lad who you know nothing about and heading back to his house is the type of behaviour that opens you to trouble.

1 Like

You are flailing wildly now and ignoring this topic and ignoring your very very starnge posting history, i have you rattled.

OK guys, lets step back a bit on all sides here.

1 Like

Leaving yourself vulnerable is not the same as blame.

If I walk down a rough street on my own late at night, I am leaving myself vulnerable to being mugged or assaulted. Choices and decisions people make so have consequences. Girls need to take more care of themselves in these situations, thatā€™s just good advice.

Who hasnā€™t sipped on the odd period?

2 Likes

Youā€™re clearly well acquainted with flailing wildly, given that in response to the below link, you not only laughed at an actual rape which happened, but clearly implied that you raped your wife enough to merit a ā€œlife sentenceā€.

So, what we have here is you - an actual admitted rapist - trying to claim high moral ground about rape.

A dangerous man is right.

Iā€™m sure Sid has had his quantas, sorry quota.

Again you are hinting at a level of blame towards the girl with that statement.

Anyway, the way I view it is that the rapist is the person who has infringed on another personā€™s human rights and should bear 100% of the blame.

A person is entitled to walk wherever they want, or share a bed with whoever they want without their human rights being impacted.

Their actions with regard to protecting themselves from a potential attack doesnā€™t come into it at all for me. And the judgemental shit that emerges by people who havenā€™t a clue of the situation certainly doesnā€™t help matters.

1 Like

All correct, but it doesnā€™t mean a discussion on personal responsibility canā€™t be hadā€¦ Would you give the advice you just typed there to a daughter of yours?

1 Like

No I wouldnā€™t of course but at the same time things can happen on nights out and everything may work out ok.

But what isnā€™t ok is some cunt taking advantage.

I quoted you directly, not in isolation, but Iā€™ll leave it here.

is thought it was declan quill?

Maybe so, I dont remember the name.

jesus sid, christ almighty

I agree mateā€¦in an ideal world everyone should be allowed do what they want within the law. But you have to start with the premise that there are some very sick bastards out there, thatā€™s a fact. You work forward from thereā€¦the victim is never to blame but that doesnā€™t mean smarter choices could have been made.

2 Likes

What is your problem with what i said?

Ya big weirdo

1 Like

My problem is that you pontificate about people not having enough emotional intelligence when you are a fucking head the ball.

1 Like

Why leave it there?

I find both that response and your previous responses rather strange.

In response to my comment ā€œConsensual sex is not recklessā€:

In response to ā€œRape is reckless.ā€

What justification have you for saying that the consensual sex agreed to by the woman and the man in the case Hook referenced was ā€œrecklessā€?

Reckless on whose part?

And what do you mean by your response ā€œThis is even betterā€ when I stated that ā€œrape is recklessā€.

Do you believe that as well as being a serious crime, rape is reckless (thatā€™s reckless on the part of the perpetrator, for the benefit of the several posters who donā€™t seem to grasp this)?

So you are angry at me and not the post?

Why am i a head the ball?

Because i have evolved a bit more than the ordinary irish 30 something?

Or that i take a critical eye to things?

What has you so upset?

And emotional intelligence is like petrol in a car. It can go up or down and you will run into trouble if you let it empty. Its not a ā€œthingā€ you have or donā€™t.

And you can develop it.

You are pretty low now iā€™d say going on these bizarre outbursts

1 Like

Many times though that is a blurred line. Somehow the rapistā€™s actions are treated less badly on the grounds that the girl was ā€˜stupidā€™.