Tom Humphries thread

I havent decided anything. Your description of the school seems to indicate that the area is the defining factor. you said that DEIS schools are a disaster. I was only asking why you thought that.

DEIS, from what I see elsewhere, seems to work very well and helps kids.

Like David Walsh and Donal Og?

He has had to deal with the murder of his daughter and move on with life.

So we can’t throw mud at him because he has suffered? I don’t think that’s how it works, mate.

Are they?

Mickey Harte is very much known for helping troubled people get their lives back on track.

What the fuck has that got to do with anything???

Jesus christ

Fact.

Didn’t Donal og say something about “certain journalists” one time. Cannot remember was it him or him and others were implied.

I agree with some of what he champions though.

Ewan says that Humphries wrote columns “on how the screening of GAA volunteers was wrong”.

Any links to such columns?

He’s also known for getting rapists lighter prison sentences, and you are seemingly comfortable with that.

1 Like

He did quite the opposite, Kev. He said your petty chip on your shoulder about the border is deflecting from any sane points you might be making on this topic. It doesn’t serve you well.

I didn’t say that but he has been on the receiving end of tragedy, he has a rounded experience, there has been no justice for his daughter. He has moved on with his life and is known for helping troubled people.

In this case he was asked to make a statement by family friends and he said the person in question came from a very good family.

I didn’t.

You decided it by saying " but that seems to be not a DEIS thing but rather an area problem."

I only offered it as a possible influence and thought it fair to the debate. Does not get away from other factors.

Have you evidence to support all the good work DEIS is doing? I’d like to see it. I actually want it to work. Just making the point not everyone thinks it is any real difference to before

David Walsh lost a son after a car knocked him off his bike.

Does that exonerate him?

4 Likes

you are a sick fuck

It doesn’t matter what kind of family he came from, he committed a horrible crime - By all means help him after whatever justice he receives, that’s a very admirable thing to do, but to step in the lighten the sentence is a joke.

2 Likes

I think he wrote an article about accommodation at the Feile and how because of vetting visiting children couldn’t stay with local families or something like that

I do not have any chip. Its an absolute fact its another country.

Its not too debatable either that he knows little of life in cork

Just like the twitterati, the feminazis and the Irish media led by the irish times and mat cooper did with GHook.

I take your point on this.

However, I think St Vincent’s need to put their reputation to one side and explain what went on. There’s enough speculation and innuendo about what involvement or knowledge the club may or may not have had about the contact. The truth is more important in this instance than managing the message. Though, you’re correct - they’ll get grief no matter what the message they deliver is. But silence is not acceptable I don’t think.

2 Likes

So what?

Further proof you are an abuser apologist