Tom Humphries thread

Seriously Sid.

Fuck off.

What two counts am I wrong on?

The first one and the second one.

10 Likes

In my view, the biggest cunt out of all of this is the judge.

Cusack and Walsh (in particular) were very questionable in terms of their behaviour (to put it lightly) but they may have the defence of being friends with Humphries and being blinded by loyalty.

The judge, not only acknowledged their character references as being important in her sentencing (one of which commended Humphries for taking part in the act of how he managed to groom the poor girl), but she also made incredible comments about having sympathy for Humphries, in particular as he was in the public eye. Operation Yewtree anyone?

I am actually astounded by those comments. It is a bigger worry to know how such a person has come through our justice system and is tasked with administering judgements.

4 Likes

I’d say Humphries still trumps the judge to be honest

8 Likes

:roll_eyes:

Paul Howard is winding up for one on twitter right about now

:rofl:

Ah fuck, I can’t be bothered. It’s too grave a topic for wumming.

Meanwhile, details emerged last night of another alleged child sex case involving Humphries.

A second young schoolgirl was allegedly attacked by Humphries in Croke Park, Letterkenny, and a Dublin Airport hotel between March and June 2007.
Senior gardai sources said the nature of these alleged crimes were “very similar” to the offences for which Humphries was sentenced yesterday.

GGA scumbag

Paul Howard‏ @AkaPaulHoward 5m5 minutes ago

And as for that bizarre profile in the Times, the headline should have read: “Sports reporter whose speciality was short sentences.”

2 Likes

I saw that.

Was TH abusing fayonagh?

If a perp comes “from a good family” they should get a bigger sentence.

1 Like

Less of an excuse…

1 Like

@caoimhaoin, I’ll say it again, I don’t believe that any teacher working in a DEIS school honestly believes it doesn’t work at all, of course it isn’t any easier teaching a class of 18 kids in Knocka than it is to teach 30 in Ballinlough but it’s serving the kids a lot better, I’ve never met a teacher who subscribes to your views on DEIS, and I cannot for the life of me begin to comprehend how it could be anything but a good thing, it certainly isn’t perfect but what can be?
What is the point you are making about homework?

What the fuck would you know about it?

2 Likes

Well it shouldn’t exists firstly.

But it does. So critically in DEIS areas its a rarity that parents support it and this is an issue in getting it done which leads to issues.

As i said back along my language in disaster was poorly used. The point being the huge money invested isn’t really making any difference good committed teachers were making anyway. The problems are environmental and social and shit teachers (or uninterested) and loads of people (teachers and various professionals) who float in and out of the areas.

The money needs to be put into differenet sectors and after school is way way more important. Thats a osmosis of thoughts from teachers and myself and professionals