Tom Humphries thread

Keep editing the posts, pal. Sign your seething, furiously typing like a mad fool. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I don’t think Fenway is bitter at all kev. He seems happy to be doing what he’s doing. He is I think a bit uphappy alright that a cunt like you wades into EVERY coaching discussion and bellows that we’re doing it all wrong and only you know how to do it, despite several on here knowing that you’re not that highly thought of at all at all.

5 Likes

74F0711B-6463-4B66-B5AB-480EE76A3ABE

Case closed, job done.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

1 Like

Who are they and let them talk for themselves.

You have never actually discussed anything about coaching in any real detail. How could u possibly know anything about mine. You don’t is what.

You tried to use George as someone who said i was not a good coach.
Now 2 things.

1. George never saw me take hurling or football. He saw me in a pure S&C role. We have the same quals. We agreed on almost everything in conversation.
  2. I asked about George and was he talking shit to other coaches about me? Or did he have a problem with me. Absolutely not i was told. So i will ask him when i meet him face to face.

I left camogie because they could not pay me. End of story. It was no big deal. I was at sessions for 3+ hours a night, sometimes 4 a week. Training 2 teams, intermediate and Senior seperatelyand getting 40 euros a night for it.
that year i was also coaching the Premier Football side in my club, for free. Turning up after camogie sessions at 8.30/9pm to take training
It was unsustainable and i had a business to build which is often an evening based business.

So i have no reason to believa word you utter as i know and always have k own you are full of shit and all the innuendo in the world will not change that.

The main issue people have with me is i am straight and honest.
That unnerves alot of people. And lots of people don’t like the truth. And then to cover themselves they go spread shite. Its classic. I have seen it for years and it does not effect me at all. It reflects on them and nothing else.

And also. I have to give up work time to do anything with GAA due to the scheduling lives of most people. So i need some form of compensation.

Volunteering is a few hours a week - you seem to be putting in 30 + hours and lads want you to do it for free?

Do they have an issue with managers being paid — I know a team in Tipp paid their football manager 9k this year and the result was just about avoiding relegation — is that volunteerism?

1 Like

I know a club in Cork who paid their coach 20 k and they got relegated to Div 3 and are actually Senior
Championship :joy::joy::joy:

Now it wasn’t really his doing, but still nuts for shot results.

@fenwaypark

Actually, don’t you get paid extra to coach rugby at a rugby school?

Where is you volunteering there?

And you never actually answered my question about the lesson. Do you write up a lesson and give it to students and expect them to get it?

The lads are happy with the appearance of volunteerism so they can ignore what’s really going on — If coaches within the community were taught to coach/train properly then they might avoid having to pay someone obscene money … I don’t think there’s anyone out there teaching this to coaches tho is there and modernizing their techniques?

I coached hurling for nothing in school. Was getting paid to do rugby as is norm in fee paying schools.

1 Like

Why didn’t you hand back the money?

This is it.

The GAA (and clubs internally) refuses to improve coaching education (or does not know how to) and ends up paying for it in the long run.

Ir 1-2 coaches dominate and won’t step away then on the other side

I think you are failing to understand the difference between someone getting paid in a professional capacity (teaching) with someone expecting to be paid for volunteering some time in an amateur organisation (gaa club).

2 Likes

Horseshit.

If you were asked to coach the senior hurlers in school but it had to take place from 9am to 10.30 and you would have money deducted for that time not spent teaching would you do it?

An elite few milking the cash cow and letting volunteers make up the numbers … dog chasing its tail.

1 Like

ah here, get real ya clown.

1 Like

Its completely true.

Just cos your club bucks the trend a bit does not mean its the norm

Plenty of clubs in east cork.

You get fucking real you self entitled government paid cunt.

You have no idea what you are talking about