Tom Humphries thread

Is saying all that - We canā€™t knock the great work done by the likes of @fenwaypark - I jump in and help with the u8s/u9s in Douglas every now and again when my man needs bodies, the time and energy those boys give is unreal.

1 Like

Name them

You are right Kev. Hope you are happy now.

But he is not volunteering from what he has said

Carrig, Lisgoold, Midleton, Sars, Killeagh, Kilta og, aghada.

No i am pretty sure school boys rugby is not professional.

You never played it and are on a gravy train.

You are a complete hypocrite

And what do their programs involve.

This is gas now cos i know people who have been paid by those clubs and i am actually going to one of those clubs in January.
:joy::joy::joy:

I bet you think its this award system is it? Get 30 people thru foundation and give them a bronze medal?

Midleton CBS are in Dean Ryan final. They have arguably best Harty team ever this year. School is only ever as good as the players the clubs provide them. Id say the coaching is pretty damn good by the looks of it. May not suit your agendaā€¦

1 Like

And yet you do not have a pot to piss in.

Why would you piss in a pot? Are things that bad for you, mate?

You could volunteer for your own club. Thatā€™s what the gaa is all about a d I donā€™t understand why your donā€™t. The gaa is not all about coaching which is where your mind currently is because thatā€™s how you earn a living but coaching is a part if it only.
I donā€™t think youā€™re current ethos as good and all as your think it is actually does the clubs who pay you any favours.
I wouldnā€™t let anyone like you into my own club. Itā€™s been discussed before and comprehensively rejected but county boards do provide adequate coaching of coaches that is spot on for club coaches of u6 up to 14/16.
Your may guffaw at that but in the real World the issue is raising sponsorship, gathering membership and getting as many volunteers as possible to cover committees and of course getting coaches to take teams a d then getting teams on the field. Volunteers. All volunteers. Someone like you who is not a member of the gaa coming into our club Taking money and then disappearing would not help us, it would drive away volunteers quite simply.
You should target league of Ireland soccer and Iā€™ll be honest here, there is plenty money at the very top in Gaa across a whole range of counties and across all codes, that would suit a man of your expertise down to the ground.

5 Likes

He could get a real job and stop trying to fleece amateur clubs and teams for his work.

2 Likes

itā€™s a figure of speech, over your head obviously.

Do you volunteer in your club mate, you appear to have an extraordinary amount of free time.

1 Like

I work about 150 miles away from my home club.

2 Likes

Heā€™s not wanted at the top level, he not good enough for that, it grigs him that lads like Fenway and yourself coach to a high level for free while heā€™s trying to charge for it. Itā€™s in his interest to knock and discredit the work we do.
A snake oil salesman. If only he could wipe the volunteers off of the earth heā€™d have a right lucrative business going.

1 Like

Ah well, perhaps you could do something else closer to your current address

I donā€™t get ya.

But you are describing survivorship bias.

Now i know all thise clubs work hard. They have always produced hurlers.

But Midleton CBS getting to a final is an inducatir of nothing.

Cloyne were doing fuck all around the time Sully and Cusack came thru. In fact it was the other way around there. The school raised some clubs.

But you do not seem to know anything about what i do ir what people like me add.

Its just volunteer-volunteer-volubteer blah blah blah.

@Nembo_Kid volunteers for st v dp .

Why should he join a Galway club too?

No.

Personally, Iā€™d like to head back to Belfast but the right opportunity would need to present itself.