Tom Humphries thread

kev, I am very open and progressive. My problem is that you charge your own club rather than volunteering your skills to said club. Itā€™s the antithesis of what the GAA is about.

I know all that.

Administrators are very important. But many abuse their positions.
Volunteers are critical. I was one and i am one.

You seem to think because i donā€™t volunteer for the GAA my work and my volunteering are worthless.

I got asked to apply for a county role actually this week. So i did. Weā€™ll see how it goes.

1 Like

How do they abuse their positions?

They are just a club like anyone else.
Like the soccer club.
Like the GAA club next door.
They are not special
I donā€™t even live in the area.
They came to me. They know the score.

Its my job. End of story.
If you worked for yourself i would consider your opiniin, but you donā€™t.

I wish you well ā€¦ I hope every county hires a progressive man such as yourself for a fair priceā€¦

3 Likes

Its the first one that interested me in a while. I will get to field coach as well hopefully. Thats the real sweet spot

1 Like

Dunno mate, somebody with so much time on his hands could well look into opportunities to volunteer

Good luck.

Right.

So much spare time?

You do nothing only spend your time on here

Odd that Iā€™ve spent less time on here more recently than you.

2 Likes

You seem to have a lot of time, if youā€™re not here youā€™re watching football,
Honestly, you could give something back, and youā€™d feel good about it, seriously

No Iā€™m usually here when Iā€™m watching football.

You seem to have an awful lot of spare time yourself. At the end of the day Iā€™m happy with the fact I am a good person.

4 Likes

The guy watches more EPL than anyone I know ā€” then thereā€™s scottish, Italian, international, Champions League. Itā€™s mental.

1 Like

No mate, Iā€™m up the fucking walls but I coach teams and provide my professional services to a charity organisation as well, life has been quite good to me.

:joy:

Who doesnt think they are a good person?

People need downtime

One of the best

I played the game at a very high level too. For some football is in the blood and I make no bones about being obsessive with it. You on the other hand go against everything you proclaim to stand for.

Calcio, Catholicism and family are my life.

4 Likes