Tom Humphries thread

Do you really run your own business? Serious question.

What is ā€œsemi pro footballā€?

Yeah, we know, you play to yourself ā€¦ Your a man obsessed with yourself you are so riddled with insecurity.

Semi pro football.

Some players are professional, others arenā€™t.

Youā€™re the insecure one, derides the church but looks for it to validate his relationship. I know what I stand for, you havenā€™t a notion.

Look it lads, ye can listen to the snake oil salesman all ye want. Agree with him if ye want, wish him all the best. I too hope his Business works for him.

But the level of ignorance & damn right arrogance he shows towards people who give their free time to try and coach, administrate, fundraise or any little effort they as volunteers do is scandalous.
The same fucker makes a nice income from GAA clubs.

He has the gall to knock their efforts while gladly taking the COIN.

He should stick to professional sports.

I didnā€™t look to the church for anything, mate ā€¦ I did it for my wifeā€¦ He was a nice deacon in fairness but he couldnā€™t consecrate the host apparently whatever that is ā€¦ he has 3 lovely kids as well ā€¦ which I thought was against the rules? But who knows with you lot.

Your beliefs are vacant

Thats your insecuroty showing.

There is a low level of coaching and administration in the GAA.

Thats not arrogance. Thats pointing out the obvious.

I never ridiculed fund raisers.

I ridicule people who take up positions of power and make a total balls of it

Was it a deal breaker going any other route?

You are missing the point entirely. Charging your own club is what makes you a cunt.

5 Likes

Why?

You have no explanation for it.

This is not asking for money to go down on saturday mornings.

Its about 20-25 man hours

A great thing -constantly learning and open to change and filling them with new experiences ā€“

Youā€™re a closed book - youā€™ll learn and experience nothing new between now and when you dieā€¦

1 Like

That is complete bollocks.

Many a fine Football who has come through normal GAA club training has gone on to play Aussie Rules for example.

What your tiny little mind fails to equate is that the GAA is an amateur Association in which a tiny percentage of their players go on to play at a High level.

Your ideas may be fine for elite sports but it is not fair to taint the work of Thousands of Coaches throughout the GAA.

Slow down, pal. Type slowly, read the text and then press enter/send.

Your reputation for shooting off on mad tangents is alarmingly accurate.

Itā€™s called volunteerism and giving a small bit back to a club where countless others have done likewise for no monetary compensation. Other clubs are prepared to pay for your services, thatā€™s fine, thatā€™s their prerogative.

2 Likes

Not a great thing.

You will drop your values at the drop of a hat. You stand for nothing, thereā€™s not a selfless bone in your body.

Lot of assumption there ā€¦ I have a core set of beliefs that involve respect, honesty and loveā€¦ The great thing about not being a closed book is that these can grow and evolveā€¦

This is it

And i gave years of it.

You still have not given a detailed reason why.

I am not a member of this club now anyway. But i owe them zilch. Idid enough and kept the thing afloat on the foktball side when all the egos fucked off because player ability dropped.

This is my job. You want me to give away corca 500 euro worth of work to a load of people who will not appreciate it. Make them pay and they take a whole different outlook