Tommy Tiernan

I’ve never heard of this lad but I’d assume he’s a cunt.

Lorraine Keane and AA road watch popularised it.

The new SoCoDu accent existed in 90s but it was confined to people who actually lived in D4 and Dalkey.

The erosion of regional accents in kids over the last 15 years is amazing.

There’s lads in community college in buncrana sporting it. And to think we used to bate the lining out of kids for being left handed…we’ve lost our way somehow
It’ll never catch on in dungiven though.

1 Like
1 Like

Watching last night’s show now. This interview with O’Driscoll is sheer class.

2 Likes

Just watched it there. Great show.

1 Like

Bio below - growing up he was regarded as fair and a good draw for a young lad up on charges.

In an interview after he retired he said his experience was that most people he encountered in his court were fundamentally decent but in difficult circumstances, save those from Leitrim. He described Leitrim as ‘a county of perjurers’ and recommended that it should be entirely afforested fortwith.

"He was appointed a permanent district justice, and served in Donegal, Leitrim, and Dublin until his retirement in 1984. He became famous in the 1970s when the proceedings of his court were frequently reported in Nell McCafferty’s ‘In the eyes of the law’ column in the Irish Times, which highlighted his abrupt manner, demands for appropriate behaviour by all attending his court, and conservative social opinions, but also his wit and humour. Tough on violent crime in particular, he often showed sympathy to young offenders or those in difficult circumstances who appeared before him, and he did not always take the side of the state, especially if he felt a case had not been adequately prepared or if there was insufficient evidence of an offence. On one occasion when a garda, who had arrested a drunken person for an alleged breach of the peace, complained: ‘Justice, he told me to eff off’, he dismissed the case with the curt response: ‘And why didn’t you?’

Tommy has a tendency to open with “Without further adieu”
It’s factually “Without further ado”. .

Watch next week.

I don’t think I ever heard that lady speaking before. She had a good story to tell. Doesn’t take herself too seriously either…

1 Like

Ireland has ran out of interesting people for Tommy to Interview.

Terrible line up tonight alright. You’d think they would have put one of the O’Driscoll/Rea interviews tonight instead

Poor enough show tonight. Even Tommy can’t make chicken salad from chicken shit.

When O’Driscoll was wheeled out last week you knew the gig was up. He’s as interesting as paint drying.

2 Likes

Yeah she was likeable. I’d say she has sold absolutely shitloads of books. Outrageously popular among Irish women.

1 Like

Marian Keyes is an alright sort.

The fella from the zoo was incessant, a blight.

When I saw the width of the last fellas lower jaw I chuckled and put on Netflix.

2 Likes

The last lad looked like he was full of botox

A quick Google says she is worth 20m + :flushed::flushed::flushed::flushed:

2 Likes

She must have invested early in Bitcoin.

Every Irish woman of our age had the books lined up alongside the bed with a David gray CD on top

2 Likes

I thought he was going to pull a snooker ball out of it at the end, but didn’t wait for it.

1 Like