Tommy Tiernan

This is typical TFK. Get ahead of the curve and praise something, while just as it gets mainstream do an about turn and cut the shite of it.

Tommy’s show is daycent and worth tuning into. Yes, there will be poor parts but it is a hundred times better than tuning into that cunt Tubridy.

10 Likes

You forgot the start where the praise is largely because it is compared to some overpaid asswipe on the mainstream media .

Nuanced analysis should cut both ways .

Watched the last two shows last night and just catching up on tonight now.

The show with BOD and Stephen Rea was fucking unreal. Rae in particular.

Tonight’s is shite enough tbh

1 Like

Well look who can’t kind it within himself to empathise with a 28 stone gay loyalist

Correct and right. Tiernan and his style appeal mainly to those with quirky mindsets while Tubridy appeals more to the landed gentry type such as those forumitems here dominating the whiskey thread.

1 Like

Brilliant news. Best show on tv.

Has Bressie been on it yet?

The extra weeks will be shit show of raiding the RTE canteen no doubt

1 Like

Tommy imitating Hindu sex on the podcast is one of the funniest things I’ve ever heard :joy:

that doesnt surprise me

2 Likes

Tommy doesn’t raid the RTE canteen.Do you even watch the show?

His RTE producers have to find another 18 guests… no barrels will be left unscraped.

I have seen it and it is one of the better shows on telly. The Brenda Fricker interview in particular was excellent.

But when you see them getting the likes of BOD (nice guy and all), who we have all seen a hundred times before then you get the feeling that the show is on the wane a bit. They are now dragging it out longer so with covid and no guests from outside Ireland, I wouldn’t be too optimistic for who they do bring on. More likely the more interesting types will be the unknowns to the general public with some crazy back story about their life to tell. But that has the potential to go too like the misery stories that Tubs has on each week also.

Would the be any chance that “the wonderful Mr. Fred Cooke” segment could be canned?

Fred, while going to the bother togging out and turning up, would appear to be a big hape of shite who, I’m convinced, is a seriously desperate character in real life.

3 Likes

He’s very “on” all the time, thats all I’ll say.

Tommy talking about ladies tennis :joy:

3 Likes

He’s the warm up man for the studio audience who aren’t there any more. In fairness to him at least he’s turning up and doing a bit and not claiming he’s ‘working from home’

1 Like

Watching last weeks show. Didn’t think much of Philomena, the actress one was grand and was very relatable. The weightlifter was outstanding, a lovely lovely man and Tommy handled his story wonderfully.

We’re lucky to have a man like Tommy on RTÉ. A lovely soul.

His interview with O’Driscoll was ridiculously refreshing. Challenged him on his ability to be a father and you could see the shock on his face when asked it. Most other presenters would fawn over him with lots of back scratching and shite.

Even if he gets the same guests it’s highly likely he’ll go down a route that no other interviewer will. Quality.

5 Likes

Fair point. I didn’t see BOD myself. Just heard he was on.
I’ll happily be proven wrong if Tommy can keep up the standard