Tommy Tiernan

that’s actually pretty funny

3 Likes

The Savage Eye was absolutely brilliant TV,

8 Likes

I have to say I LoL’d at that, what’s vibing anyways?

Wtf

It was the last great comedy tv RTE did

2 Likes

David O’Doherty once accused me of having an affair with my 8 year old son. Said it to me from the stage.

My heart didn’t sink. I wasn’t offended. It was a joke.

Agree. Mick the bull, Joe Duffy with the nipple clamps on, the dub skanger lad were all top drawer

6 Likes

Its a typical Tiernan joke. I can imagine him giggling away to himself as he gets to the punchline.

I can see how some will interpret it as racist. And I can see how some would interpret is as a sad reality of Irish society. And I can see how some will find it hilarious. Stand Up Comedy has almost always been offensive in some way. That doesn’t make it ok either. It’ll be interesting to see how this plays out.

you covered all the bases there you cowardly cunt :rofl:

5 Likes

Wow - I can’t believe you actually went to a David O’Doherty gig

Most taxi drivers i get are from Pakistan or India. I’d always ask for cooking and food advice.

2 Likes

So he’s having a weird dream where he sees a whole hape of black fellas and he lets on that he just assumes they’re taxi drivers, which would be racist i suppose…but anyone with half a brain knows he didn’t really assume they were taxi drivers.
It’s a subtle enough poke at inner bias, a sudden jolt of self examination and a dig at emer and other halfwits etc.
It’s a bit funny, a bit challenging and a bit self-effacing…and he obviously knows he’s going to ‘out’ the compassionate types who point the finger with one hand and hold their device up with the other.

1 Like

I’m practicing my diplomacy!

1 Like

My son wanted to go. He got his comeuppance good and proper.

Fucken racist!

I’d always ask taxi drivers about food. Even the African ones. They’ve less useful information to offer.

You’d learn something on the journey. I’d much prefer a foreign driver to an Irish one. You can decide to chat or not chat then much easier. Irish lads can impose themselves on you a bit if you’re not in a chatting mood.

1 Like

Who is “RTE star Emer O’Neill”?

2 Likes

Same out my way. I think they stick to Dublin suburbia. We dropped my wife’s car keys in a cab on Stephen’s night and he returned them to the house few days later no charge.

1 Like

With a korma i hope?

3 Likes

Are you implying he was more trustworthy because of his origin??