Tonight's TV - Continuation of earlier drivel

Mac and cheese.

4 Likes

Ahoy!

Couldn’t imagine myself enjoying it on a rewatch

I’m surprised you think that Farmer being what I would have guaged of you as a sort of alternative man. From my point of view it’s got a totally original and surreal script, it has not aged in the 20yrs since it’s release, it is very funny, it is visually great, and it has an outstanding cast of people who largely went on to have even better careers afterwards. Jeff Bridges, Steve Busemi, John Turturro, Julianne Moore and Philip Seymour Hoffman god rest him.

I’m not surprised @myboyblue came in replying to your post agreeing with you but then he will never be first to disagree with something but rather he waits for another poster instead to register dissatisfaction at a post and then he confidently wade’s in with the support of some numbers behind him. Like a fella in a pub with ten mates around him shouting “hold me back, hold me back”. I feel the fact that @myblueboy so enthusiastically jumped on the back of your post devalues it, because of the fact he is so overly keen to land a jab on me by any means, especially behind the backs of others, that his approval of your post is most likely not genuine. I do however respect your post and your position of being the first to wade against the popular consensus of The Big Lebowski being a good movie.

3 Likes

That’s a very rattled post. Did someone not like a movie you liked, aw you poor divil :smile:

I love how I get under your skin. You must be a very insecure man, although if my skin was stretched as wide as yours I’d be thin skinned too I guess.

Thats a serious lambasting if ever I saw one :joy::+1::+1:

I dont like that movie either though. Pile of scutter. I dont watch that many films these days though so wouldnt be an afficionado

1 Like

Ray Darcy has Stormy Daniels on now. Jesus, while looking middling at her age she’s far from entertaining TV. Darcy is looking at her the way a goat looks during a thunderstorm…

1 Like

An unusual summation from @Smark. Normally succinct and presicent he’s become tangitally disconnected from his original thought (ie:film review).

It’s definitely overrated.

She’s as rough as a badgers hole boxty

But, but, if it was dark behind the boozer in Ennistymon……….You would wouldn’t you…

Be honest now. I would…

I’d ride her in the middle of the day on O’Connell Street pal but that’s not saying much

4 Likes

At least you’re honest about it. Boxty Mór advocated “everywhere you find an ass ride it” but I feel this was aimed at Gobshites really. I’ve stuck with it this far. Ould lads had woeful words of wisdom really.

1 Like

Could have been a mode of transport too.

Jesus but that’s a multilayered piece of advice.

It’s super advice but best taken with a further related anecdote "Have it honestly if you can but have it anyway"

That’s a bit high brow for me. I tend to veer on the literal side of things.

Would that be advice to avoid anal sex if at all possible?

How can it be highbrow…it’s simple. Have it legitimally if possible but if it takes the wheels greased or more nefarious methods plough ahead. If you don’t put it down you sure as fuck won’t pick it up.

I’ll leave part 2 to others.

1 Like

He was that rattled I’d say he went around for the weekend with his y fronts on backwards.

Simon Reeve in Columbia on BBC2 now.

There’s a documentary on two parents raising two kids with autism on RTE 1 now - it is really tough to watch, let alone imagine what it’s like to go through. Heart-rending.