Top Gangland Boss Shot Dead

The common man holds fierce respect for Gerry.

The forum needs Roy and Ewan now more than ever.

1 Like

centrist rugby dads is such a great term

6 Likes

@Raylan what’s the betting on an acquittal?

Conviction and down the appeal road I think

1 Like

1/3 a conviction?

4/7 maybe, but there’s the identification issue to get through yet

Surely the evidence of dowdall is key though? ‘He did it, i know he did it, he organised it and gave me jobs to do in the organising of it…’
What’s the Hutch defence of that? Dowdall is a crackpot… sure he used to be in sf you know…?

1 Like

Gerry has always been the choice of the romantics. The sort who would have a liking for Boca Juniors, Napoli, Oympique Marseille, Atletico Madrid, St. Pauli, Wexford hurling, Armagh football, Jimmy White, Ronnie O’Sullivan, BDO players in the Grand Slam of Darts, and the Buffalo Bills.

4 Likes

Regency was a bizarre strategy by the Monk*

The theatrics of it. Why didn’t he have someone walk in quietly and pop one into Kinahan? They were always going to strike back hard then given the publicity.

*Allegedly

Romantics love big gestures

2 Likes

Would it not be more typical they’re thought to be right-leaning and conservative moreso than centrist?

(Sidenote: I feel I’ve been caught stark)

Is it not now Sinn Fein policy that IRA kangaroo courts were bad and the Special Criminal Court is good?

Do Shinnerbots not want the suppport of centrist rugby Dads like Ryle Nugent any more?

Or do they want to confine the party to working class folks like Glenstal-educated Paddy Cosgrave, Blackrock College educated Eoin O’Broin and Rathgar’s Mary Lou McDonald?

Gerry felt that professional boxing in Dublin had become corrupted. He felt it had lost sight of the pure sporting element, the Corinthian ideal. It had become all about the money, about the backhanders, the agents, the corrupt promoters, the grubby deals.

What happened at the Regency was a blow for clean sport, sport for the pure love of it.

I hope Gerry does an autobiography with Paul Kimmage.

could he not have just stood outside the regency with a boom box playing peter gabriel?

John Cusack GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

Is there any chance it never existed at all ?

well we have a signed destruction order and evidence from the former head of the NSU that it did exist, so ill say no

The place was packed. You saw what happened Michael Stone when he was alone and that crazy fucker was throwing grenades at the crowd. That said, Stone did have the RUC waiting for him but he was lucky they got to him.

Also, the theatrics of it closed down all boxing for MGM/MTK in Ireland. They may have built a huge stable outside of Ireland after but the Regency really was the beginning of the end for them. The publicity that received was always going to come back to bite them.

1 Like

Are you suggesting collusion?

That wouldn’t be like the RUC at all.

1 Like

Daniel plays with Gerry, Gerry plays with Wayne
Wayne plays with Freddie, Freddie is happy again
Williams plays with Leo, Veronica takes a hit
Christy builds a bonfire, Jonathan plays with it

Whistling tunes
We hire some goons on the Northside

Whistling tunes
We’re killing baboons in the jungle