Top Gangland Boss Shot Dead

so now we know why the records were destroyed

Court to hear recordings of Hutch and Dowdall talks (rte.ie)

ill wager the most juicy parts of the conversation were when the jeep was in NI, but as the records which would have given a time and location were destroyed, they cant say whether or not this is the case

1 Like

It’s been worth it all for the SF IRA lads recognising the sanctity of the border.

2 Likes

If 8 of the 10 hours is when they are in to the north, surely they can ask to listen to the 10 hours of the tape and therefore dismiss the hours they were in the north.

Were they driving round i circles up north or something?

You’d imagine this should have been sorted before the case started

The Data Protection Commissioner will surely have to prosecute the nGardaí now for not disposing of it properly

Find file “Hutch recording NI”

2 Likes

Recycle Bin :recycle:

1 Like

The Data Protection Comissioner wouldn’t be the sharpest knife in the drawer god help her, so doubt this is likely.

Commentator’s eye.

2 Likes

Have they gotten word that they’ll be allowed use it if they find it, but not if they don’t I wonder

1 Like

The Garda Commissioner managed to lose 10 mobile phones a few years ago so this is not a surprise. They need to include a ‘How not to lose important shit’ module in the Templemore syllabus.

11 Likes

Lecturer; Vardy, R.

8 Likes

I was chatting to an uncle of mine last week and he said a son of a good friend of his had retired cos things had changed ‘since your man from the north came in’. I said I thought he was supposed to be doing good things since he arrived. ‘Oh he is’ said the uncle but the retiree preferred to use his own discretion when dealing with unlawful acts and this had been taken away from him.

1 Like

As an adjunct to the existing “Make sure you lose potentially incriminating shit rapidly” one?

They found the data from the tracker.

https://www.rte.ie/news/courts/2022/1121/1337394-byrne-murder-trial/

fucking keystone cops at this stage. youd have to think at this stagr that theres no chance of a conviction thatd be upheld in appeal.

and all of these sheanigans before we get to dowdall or det fox

1 Like

Was Jonathon Dowdall in Sinn Fein?

I noticed that Paul Reynolds has mentioned it in the first paragraph about the data from the tracker mysteriously appearing on a computer.

It’s an important detail. A SF man was bringing a gang leader to meet “Republicans” that is subject to the data request.

1 Like