Topics specific to Grand Canal Dock, its environs and, most importantly, its inhabitants

Correct, Mac. It is the Bernard Shaw factor that has me worried that it will be a cuntfest.

Youā€™ll fit right in then wonā€™t youā€¦cunt!

twisted pepper on middle abbey st?
they do on occasion get very good trance DJs in tho, i wouldnt give a fuck about the crowd as long as the music is good

@Horsebox et al, did you see that a ā€œChocolate Parkā€ is being built in GCD? Work has apparently started on it.

The Bolandā€™s Mills development will encompass office space, apartments and shops, cafes and restaurants.

[QUOTE=ā€œBandage, post: 1075536, member: 9ā€]@Horsebox et al, did you see that a ā€œChocolate Parkā€ is being built in GCD? Work has apparently started on it.

The Bolandā€™s Mills development will encompass office space, apartments and shops, cafes and restaurants.[/QUOTE]
My barber was telling me about the Bolandā€™s Mills development yesterday evening, pal. Being developed by the same developers that did the building the Barbers is in-some American chaps according to my learned friend. Whatā€™s the Chocolate Park thing? Is that going to be the name of the development or is it some sort of homosexual theme park?

I think itā€™s a theme park type thing aimed at kids / families with kids. Maybe along the lines of Tayto Park but chocolate based. I donā€™t know exactly what it entails but Iā€™m expecting amusement rides, slides etc, statues made out of chocolate, little shops selling fancy chocolate designs / products, a museum about the history of chocolate, different chocolate characters. Like Willy Wonkaā€™s chocolate factory but a park rather than a factory.

Bizarre. Where in GCD is this going to be, bud?

Come out of Herb Street and take a left and walk down past Bakerā€™s, Milano, Spar, the area with the U2 graffiti and head onwards for a bit more and thereā€™s a bleak enough empty piece of land. Apparently itā€™s going in there.

In fairness, if I was asked whatā€™s the one thing that Dublin is missing, Iā€™d have to say itā€™s a chocolate park.

ELY in GCD is closing this week. The building has been sold and the new owners are either putting something else in or looking for much higher rent.

Wow - thatā€™s a revelation. Iā€™ll miss Ely for its handiness more than its quality. I often visited midweek for the mixed seafood dish and a glass of wine.

I was in Herb Street just after 10am and I ordered Eggs Benedict and an americano. I meant to order a sausage with the Eggs Benny but it completely slipped my mind. I was seething with myself when the order came out and I guess I could have asked them to add a sausage to it but it was my mistake and I didnā€™t want to cause any hassle. I really enjoyed the meal but I still couldnā€™t help thinking that a sausage would have complemented it nicely.

what kind of roaster ruins an eggs benedict by drinking coffee and ateing a sausage

Always found Ely in GCD vastly overrated. Very wide ranging beer selection about the only good thing about it.

The type that looks forward to going to a restaurant for their homemade chips Iā€™d bet.

I didnā€™t eat a fucking sausage. Did you read my post at all?

Agreed, bud.

I foolishly went to Fresh this morning and bought some of their salad for lunch. Just finished it there. Not nice.

[QUOTE=ā€œHorsebox, post: 1075869, member: 1537ā€]Agreed, bud.

I foolishly went to Fresh this morning and bought some of their salad for lunch. Just finished it there. Not nice.[/QUOTE]

And expensive. Salad in KC peaches is as pricey but better imho

[QUOTE=ā€œHorsebox, post: 1075869, member: 1537ā€]Agreed, bud.

I foolishly went to Fresh this morning and bought some of their salad for lunch. Just finished it there. Not nice.[/QUOTE]

Fresh must be the most ironically named shop in Dublin

Good exclusive, pal. Sunday was its last day. It was empty and in darkness last night when I was heading over to Lolly & Cooks for a coffee at c.7.45pm. A sad sight indeed.