Topics specific to Grand Canal Dock, its environs and, most importantly, its inhabitants

Agreed, bud.

I foolishly went to Fresh this morning and bought some of their salad for lunch. Just finished it there. Not nice.

[QUOTE=“Horsebox, post: 1075869, member: 1537”]Agreed, bud.

I foolishly went to Fresh this morning and bought some of their salad for lunch. Just finished it there. Not nice.[/QUOTE]

And expensive. Salad in KC peaches is as pricey but better imho

[QUOTE=“Horsebox, post: 1075869, member: 1537”]Agreed, bud.

I foolishly went to Fresh this morning and bought some of their salad for lunch. Just finished it there. Not nice.[/QUOTE]

Fresh must be the most ironically named shop in Dublin

Good exclusive, pal. Sunday was its last day. It was empty and in darkness last night when I was heading over to Lolly & Cooks for a coffee at c.7.45pm. A sad sight indeed.

How do you like lolly and cooks mate? Had a lovely assuage roll out of there before

Lolly and cooks sounds like something from the Donal Og TV show last night

http://m.independent.ie/business/irish/danske-bank-forecloses-on-ely-bar-outlet-30917079.html

Surely this isn’t the greasy cafe Kylemore mob?

Went to school with lolly, they do a decent cupcake/bun

I feared that but I’m not sure.

Lights on and work being done inside the old Ely premises at c.9.45pm tonight.

[ATTACH=full]2253[/ATTACH]

More updates to follow.

Kylemore do the catering for Accenture near there. They have some fancy fake restaurant type thing that they’re rolling out to replace old style canteens. This could be an extension of that.

“HQ” will be opening on Sunday 25th at 4pm for dinner on the site of the old Ely. They have notices up on the window which imply that it’s merely a freshening up of the premises and the restaurant will be re-opening on the above date. Cheeky divils.

Great work, @Bandage .

@Bandage[/USER] and [USER=1537]@Horsebox - what time will either of yee be meeting Niamh Horan and Alison O’Riordan in there on Sunday at?

Same staff too I think and prob a very similar menu. The Ely owners are the only people to lose out here.

Was there once in 2008, was very disappointed with the quality of the food, I never returned.

Miscellaneous Grand Canal Dock notes:

• A new Bank of Ireland branch has opened in Grand Canal Square beside Café Bar H and across from the Bord Gáis Energy theatre. There’s also an ATM outside the premises, which is handy. I can’t think of any other ATM options nearby apart from the one in Fresh but the shop closes daily at 10pm;
  • I’ve eaten in Mourne Seafood Bar at Millennium Tower on a number of occasions over the past few months and it’s excellent fare. The Dock Bar is the adjoining bar (surprisingly enough) and it’s a neat little place. It only opens from Tuesday to Saturday from 5pm though.
    http://mourneseafood.com/
  • HQ is a less fancy version of Ely. The menu is quite similar and they’ve kept the lay-out pretty much intact too. They’ve a Saturday and Sunday brunch menu but I’ve yet to try it.

[QUOTE=“Bandage, post: 1088592, member: 9”]Miscellaneous Grand Canal Dock notes:

• A new Bank of Ireland branch has opened in Grand Canal Square beside Café Bar H and across from the Bord Gáis Energy theatre. There’s also an ATM outside the premises, which is handy. I can’t think of any other ATM options nearby apart from the one in Fresh but the shop closes daily at 10pm;
  • I’ve eaten in Mourne Seafood Bar at Millennium Tower on a number of occasions over the past few months and it’s excellent fare. The Dock Bar is the adjoining bar (surprisingly enough) and it’s a neat little place. It only opens from Tuesday to Saturday from 5pm though.
    http://mourneseafood.com/
  • HQ is a less fancy version of Ely. The menu is quite similar and they’ve kept the lay-out pretty much intact too. They’ve a Saturday and Sunday brunch menu but I’ve yet to try it.[/QUOTE]
    I’m hearing that the much maligned Cafe Bar H has come on a bit in recent months, pal with some reasonably priced beers having been introduced. Have you been lately? Agreed on the Mourne Seafood Bar btw-had 2 very tasty dishes down there in the last few months.

What about that Crystal Ship restaurant dump? How is it still open? I had a takeaway from there my first night as an inhabitant of the area. Not only did they get my order wrong, they tried to tell me I was incorrect and when I eventually got the food it was horrible.