Topics specific to Grand Canal Dock, its environs and, most importantly, its inhabitants

Aside from Mourne which is very good, Herb Street do pre-theatre in the evenings these days. Other nearby options are Cafe Bar H (avoid) or HQ (where Ely used to be and which is pretending to be Ely - it’s grand but Ely prices). You could really woo her with a Milano’s pizza either.

If you can handle a 10 mins walk you’d be as well to go to Farmer Browns on Bath Avenue rather than any of the places in the immediate GCD area which are all overpriced.

It you’re going to walk a little then the €12 meal deal in the 51 is high end dining at its finest.

2 Likes

Osteria Lucio do a pre theatre menu
2 starters and 2 main courses plus coffee for 45 euro

What does this meal deal include @Rocko?

You’ll enjoy that pal. I was at the Producers there a couple of weeks ago and it was great. Going to the Sound of Music in a couple of weeks time. Looking forward to it.
Ring up this crowd and see if you can get a table. Don’t mind @Bandage and his burgers and brunch suggestions. nice restaurant

I forgot about Osteria Lucio. Now that’s a good option - I dined there recently and Johnny Ronan was at the next table. It brought back beautiful memories of when he used to drink in The 51 with Glendale Gilson as his driver waited outside.

1 Like

If its open, woo her on the rooftop of the Marker hotel with a pre or post show glass of fizz. Weather is breaking lovely now.

She is well woo’d at this stage mate.

1 Like

Mac is on the ball. Mourne Seafood Bar is the best in the locale. If seafood is not an option, Prestos is one of the nicest choppers in Dublin.

I’m within walking distance or short taxi ride so a chopper might be extravagant.

1 Like

If you being stingy is the theme you could always try that pop-up pizza place at the corner of Ringsend Road and South Lotts Road that @Bandage mentioned before. BYOB.

They now do ice-cream. I love the place, mate.

that’s a sensational article in fairness, holy fuck…

you should have dropped one of those TFK business cards by as you walked past

@Bandage i have been told that if you have 30 euros in your pocket you can rock up and get a wakeboarding lesson in GCD, is this true?

1 Like

Sure is, pal. I sometimes wander along the South facing part of my balcony after I’ve finished squatting and lunging with 10 (ten) kg dumb bells. I proceed around the corner onto the West facing side of my balcony and look North to watch the wake boarders as I recover and unwind. It seems to be very easy. Vroom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoUtoqeEw8U

FAO of @Horsebox and @Matty_Hislop - I was meaning to ask you guys a month or two back but has Mourne Seafood shut down of its own volition, gone or bust or neither of the above?

Not sure, pal but not surprised it’s gone. The food there was lovely but they didn’t know what they were. A nice seafood restaurant on one side but with a hipster bar on the other side where the music was way too loud and the staff were unwelcoming and seemed to be high a few times I was down there.