Topics specific to Grand Canal Dock, its environs and, most importantly, its inhabitants

The Colombian one? Small and busty-sheā€™s a cracker. Nice girl too. Thereā€™s been a fairly hot Scottish one working there for a good while but I havenā€™t seen in her there for a while now. Tom has obviously changed his criteria for hiring, the old dog.

The Yacht needed a fair bit of work to be fair-I presume they will put in a beer garden/smoking area out the back so that the new hipster clientele donā€™t have to deal with all the young lads from the flats pulling the piss out of them when they go for a smoke.

[QUOTE=ā€œHorsebox, post: 1144772, member: 1537ā€]The Colombian one? Small and busty-sheā€™s a cracker. Nice girl too. Thereā€™s been a fairly hot Scottish one working there for a good while but I havenā€™t seen in her there for a while now. Tom has obviously changed his criteria for hiring, the old dog.

The Yacht needed a fair bit of work to be fair-I presume they will put in a beer garden/smoking area out the back so that the new hipster clientele donā€™t have to deal with all the young lads from the flats pulling the piss out of them when they go for a smoke.[/QUOTE]
Yeah thatā€™s her alright, fair play to Tom :clap:

Just home from there, a cracking piece of gear :wink:

:eek:

@Bandage , how was the residentā€™s association meeting?

@Horsebox, I highly recommend the little pop-up pizza joint Basil Pizza & Coffee at the junction of Ringsend Road and South Lotts Road across from the entrance to Shelbourne Park. Delicious pizzas, pal.

1 Like

@Bandage do the management company allow you to fly a Wexford flag off your balcony?

I do my own thing, mate.

1 Like

hon Bandage

Yes it is decent, bro. I like to support little local businesses like that but it is very rare that I allow myself something as calorific as pizza.

+1, @Horsebox.

Absolutely hilarious Niamh Horanesque style piece about Dublin 4 by Emily Hourican here:

ā€œHow Dublin 4 got its groove backā€.

She refers to a soon to be opened supermarket behind Slatteryā€™s. It actually opened last week - Lotts & Co - and prices are off the charts expensive. Itā€™s going for Donnybrook Fair style plus a good bit more.

Fantastic. I thoroughly enjoyed that, though certainly not in the way I was supposed to enjoy it.

*These days Dublin 4 is reinvigorated by artisan cafes, pubs serving craft beer, techie types, rugby players in tight T-shirts, and a hint of higher consciousness :dizzy_face:

The chocolate fountains, helipads and Hummers
If it wasnā€™t for those chocolate fountains maybe those developers could have avoided the worst of the recession. :rage:

This is the land that the recession forgot. Your local ā€˜baristaā€™ doesnā€™t take your order, he just places ā€œel usualā€ discreetly by your elbow as you thumb through the abundance of newspapers - national and international - provided.

The days of a pint and a toasted sandwich are over. Hip young waiting staff call out to you by name as you shuffle over to the Spar for milk. WTF is this one on? :smile:

It is no accident that much of this is happening within a stoneā€™s throw of the Aviva and the Leinster Rugby grounds. Not only are rugby supporters driving it, as customers, but rugby players, and former rugby players, are creating it. Jamie Heaslip, Sean Oā€™Brien and the Kearney brothers, Rob and Dave, are co-owners of The Bridge 1859 bar, where quinoa and goatā€™s cheese salad with beetroot tapenade and rocket sits alongside craft whiskies, gin and poitin made by Glendalough Distillery, a venture that counts Brian Oā€™Driscoll among its investors. Maybe only men as obviously masculine, underneath their hipsterish metrosexuality - the breadth of shoulder and thickness of neck giving the lie to the pink T-shirts and Aussie surfer shorts - could have pulled off the remarkable feat of making stuff like food provenance and seasonality a thing that ā€˜real menā€™ can care about. :sweat_smile: Sweet Jesus

Before we opened, people were telling me, ā€˜You wonā€™t be able to sell ā‚¬6 sandwiches in Ringsendā€™. Well, I proved them wrong! :clap: :clap: :smile:

2 Likes

The cuntishness of the whole piece is signed off by the picture of those two uber cunts from that Connected show. I had seriously hoped that chap Martin was on skid row by now.

Iā€™d say Johnny Ronan was(is?) some demon for the personal.

Read that earlier. Pathetic gibberish. That new supermarket is ridiculously expensive as expected.

EG? can you confirm?

Nice article that, with a decent bit of historical context (all of which rang true, I must say) to explain D4s position in todayā€™s Dublin.
I never lived in D4 myself, though I lived in D2 for years and was only a short hop from D4 on shanksmare.

Is EG that Ducie chap that was friends with Katy French?

@Horsebox @Bandage best place to grab a reasonably priced pre-theatre meal? Iā€™ve to go and watch the bodyguard with herself in Bord GĆ”is :weary:

1 Like

http://mourneseafood.com/dublin/

Tuesday night is Lobster night. 15 quid for a half lobster.

1 Like