Topics specific to Grand Canal Dock, its environs and, most importantly, its inhabitants

The coffee was decent there, bud. I never ate from there but some of their sandwiches looked decent. I suspect they were 2 years too early as that area will be further gentrified in the coming years. The houses leading onto Ringsend Park are next to blow up in prices.

1 Like

how much is a skinny latte in Dublin lads?

A fiver anyway if you want a decent one, pal

So it turns out this place is not closed or else has reopened. More lies from Horsebox.

Amazing photo from above the Boland’s Mill demolition today…

6 Likes

Unreal. First signs of summer this evening with people sitting at the dock by the former Mourne Seafood and Ocean Bar with food and drink.

2 Likes

It really is one of the nicest parts of Dublin on a fine sunny day

Any sign of a new business going in there, bro?

hohoho

That’s a location that won’t trade successfully really IMO without something exceptional going in there e.g. big name chef/Michelin star. Too weather dependant. Rent off the wall as well I believe.

I think you were right as well Horsebox about the Artisan Parlour if we talking about same place in ringsend? It was closed now open but new people running it I think.

Agreed, pal. The location just doesn’t seem to work. Big shame about the Mourne place though. It was superb food.

Are you a local, bud? We should do a pint in the Oarsman someday or maybe I could call round to your house for a cup of tea?

1 Like

Holy shit Horsebox. Thats a bit creepy. Will yo u try on a few of his missus’ clothes too?

1 Like

If he agreed to it. You can’t be backwards in coming forwards, bud. A mute priest never got a parish.

Oh look @Bandage you can see the positions the snipers took up in 1916.

2 Likes

That would be smashing. I’m an ex local. Left Dublin 12 months ago. Still around once or twice a week on business so we could grab a scone one of the days

1 Like

A scone or a sc-on?

I’m a roaster so id say scone. Big time. Although if I wa trying to impress Horsebox I might say scon. Depending on how posh he was

@Bandage
can you set the scene for us with the view from your apartment balcony
are the young, hip singletons filling the bars and cafes of the area each summer evening and having “cans by the canal” near the barge?

@Bandage
have you ever availed of the “water tasting” menu in this in hip, urbane joint?

A lovely bucolic scene here outside Dublins prestigious Marker hotel.

1 Like