Topics specific to Grand Canal Dock, its environs and, most importantly, its inhabitants

http://www.rte.ie/news/2015/0206/678319-bolands-mills/

If DCC architects want to design private developments, then join the private sector. Taking the piss with the SDZ.

Would you believe I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever eaten there, pal in my near 6 years here. They always have an ad in the window for some sort of box which I assume means chips and rice and curry which is off-putting for me.

Had a bland pasta dish in there about a month ago on a random midweek evening. Canā€™t recall ever being in there before and havenā€™t been back. Definitely noticed a bigger crowd in there recently when Iā€™ve been passing by though.

thanks for the updates Bandage, I love to hear them

Great stuff, mate. Keep your eyes peeled for further intermittent updates.

[QUOTE=ā€œTim Riggins, post: 1088695, member: 1382ā€]http://www.rte.ie/news/2015/0206/678319-bolands-mills/

If DCC architects want to design private developments, then join the private sector. Taking the piss with the SDZ.[/QUOTE]

Local Authority in granting planning subject to conditions shockerā€¦

It would involve three towers 13 to 15 stories high creating enough office space for 2,300 workers and 42 apartments.
:rolleyes:
Another 2300 people who need to live in one of the most expensive places in Dublin with accommodation for about 100-genius. Fucking cunts.

[QUOTE=ā€œHorsebox, post: 1088824, member: 1537ā€]It would involve three towers 13 to 15 stories high creating enough office space for 2,300 workers and 42 apartments.
:rolleyes:
Another 2300 people who need to live in one of the most expensive places in Dublin with accommodation for about 100-genius. Fucking cunts.[/QUOTE]

Not everyone who works in the area needs to live there numbnuts

Yeah. Itā€™s not as if supply is much greater than demand in other areas of Dublin.

How droll

There are none so blind as those who wonā€™t see. You were probably cheering along with the other yahoos when Bertie was telling us all to go and kill ourselves. You make me fucking sick, Mac.

Thatā€™s a very defensive response mate

Wanton stupidity and wilful ignorance really grind my gears, mate.

Great men died for this country in Bolands Mills. They must be turning in their graves to see cunts like @Horsebox[/USER] & [USER=9]@Bandage moving in there and squabbling over the shade of grey on the building and where you can get the best chocofrappochino in the vicinity.

On a serious note though mate, why do you think an area thatā€™s already overrun with apartment complexes need any more? Its already well serviced by public transport and I donā€™t think it would cope with another thousand odd people living in it especially given the lack of schools and facilities for young children.

Thatā€™s a very common mistake right there. The Bolands Mills that were the scene of the heroics in 1916 and where the Sherwood Foresters were blasted back from whence they came is actually at the next bridge up. That Mill has been long since demolished and the site now houses the Treasury building the home of NAMA.

Hardly an issue for a lot of the people that live there to be fair, Mac. What do you mean by overrun with apartment complexes? What figures are you basing this on? There is a huge shortage of accommodation in the area for people who want to live there. The reasons why people want to live there and the lack of suitable accommodation for young families elsewhere would be a better line for you to take, pal.

Thatā€™s even worse :eek:

I always wondered what they were doing in the mill that was relatively far away from the rest of their positions.
So the mount street bridge & bolands mill troop were essentially one and the same. Makes sense.

The development hasnā€™t been completed yet, mate.