Topics specific to Grand Canal Dock, its environs and, most importantly, its inhabitants

FAO of @Horsebox: fancy a few nibbles and a glass of wine tomorrow evening?

[ATTACH=full]2845[/ATTACH]

Some collection of knob heads at that Iā€™d say

All wondering when their shoebox prices will return to 2007 levels.

Iā€™m surprised to discover the BGT have no combo deals with the local restaurants for show + meal tickets as far as I can see like Broadway and the Westend offer.

@Bandage can you bring this up at the meeting tonight?

i have done some very good business in those apartment blocks over the years.

come to think of it, its entirely possible that i might even done some of that business in @Bandage s bedroom.
when did you move there kid? is @Horsebox living there also?

[QUOTE=ā€œBandage, post: 1140191, member: 9ā€]FAO of @Horsebox: fancy a few nibbles and a glass of wine tomorrow evening?

[ATTACH=full]2845[/ATTACH][/QUOTE]
Have other plans tomorrow evening, buddy but if you do go to this event, please update me on this Chocolate Park idea. I find it fascinating and bewildering.

[QUOTE=ā€œHBV*, post: 1140367, member: 234ā€]i have done some very good business in those apartment blocks over the years.

come to think of it, its entirely possible that i might even done some of that business in @Bandage s bedroom.
when did you move there kid? is @Horsebox living there also?[/QUOTE]
@Horsebox lives in a house close to GCD. Itā€™s unlikely you did business in my bedroom before I moved in, buddy unless you were into 90 year old women but I would treat you no differently if you are. #equalityforall

Itā€™s tonight, not tomorrow. I posted about it late last night initially though. Iā€™ve a work social engagement myself but Iā€™m thinking about excusing myself as thereā€™ll be free alcohol flowing and I donā€™t want any part of it. I might head to this event instead, albeit thereā€™ll be some wine and nibbles at that too. Ireland is so absorbed with alcohol - it disgusts me. But give me a shout if youā€™re around, mate. We both like Mourne Seafood so could go for a bite to eat too.

Sorry, bro. This tag function not working properly has me all over the shop. I have an intensive gym session planned for after work followed by a Lidl fillet steak with some carrots and broccoli so will be free around 7:30pm so I might drop down for the final half hour. I will send you an SMS after work to confirm. I would love to break bread with you in the Mourne Seafood Bar but, as indicated, I already have dinner planned and I can be quite stuck in my ways when it comes to things like that. We should organize a get together there with some of the other lads.

Is @briantinnion as suave in real life as suggested. It would be great if he could come too.:oops:

[QUOTE=ā€œBandage, post: 1140191, member: 9ā€]FAO of @Horsebox: fancy a few nibbles and a glass of wine tomorrow evening?

Some change in the place since U2 shot this video in 1981.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybYgP48X2DY

[QUOTE=ā€œHorsebox, post: 1140405, member: 1537ā€]Sorry, bro. This tag function not working properly has me all over the shop. I have an intensive gym session planned for after work followed by a Lidl fillet steak with some carrots and broccoli so will be free around 7:30pm so I might drop down for the final half hour. I will send you an SMS after work to confirm. I would love to break bread with you in the Mourne Seafood Bar but, as indicated, I already have dinner planned and I can be quite stuck in my ways when it comes to things like that. We should organize a get together there with some of the other lads.

Is @briantinnion as suave in real life as suggested. It would be great if he could come too.:oops:[/QUOTE]

Iā€™m all that and more pal. But still not a patch on international business man and penthouse dweller @Bandage.

That horsebox lad is some fucking ape, isnā€™t he.

Just in Osteria Lucio with Johnny Ronan and the lads now after being snubbed by @Horsebox earlier. A feminine pear martini for me. No blood and sand as I donā€™t watch Home and Away anymore.

[ATTACH=full]2856[/ATTACH]

will there be many singletons and hip young professionals at this @Bandage ?

[QUOTE=ā€œBandage, post: 1140750, member: 9ā€]Just in Osteria Lucio with Johnny Ronan and the lads now after being snubbed by @Horsebox earlier. A feminine pear martini for me. No blood and sand as I donā€™t watch Home and Away anymore.

[ATTACH=full]2856[/ATTACH][/QUOTE]

Is this the former Bridge / Pizza e Porchetto place? Whatā€™s it like? Is it the lad from Chapter One whoā€™s opened it or have I my wires crossed? I could look it up online in the time it took to write this but thatā€™s pointless now

:rolleyes:

Just answer the question and donā€™t be trying to antagonise me

Same place indeed. Not much has changed from Pizza e Porchetta in truth but itā€™s an even more ā€œinā€ place now. Italian food, pizza from wood fired oven etc.

great stuff Bandage

Donā€™t forget Dockfest is on in GCD this weekend. An opportunity for those who canā€™t afford to live in the area to wander around the neighbourhood. Wake boarding, face painting, duck races, food stalls, random games, live music and so on.