Tour De France Bets

Just looking at the end again, while it is a good uphill finish, there are some false flats. If they don’t put the hammer down at the start of the climb, they won’t get rid of the climbing sprinters. In fairness it’s Sagan’s to lose, Gilbert should be there but I can’t see him beating Sagan, Goss or EBH in a sprint. I hope someone like Chavanel, Gilbert or Vinokourov attack at the start of the climb. Vino at 66/1 and Chavanel at 40/1 might be worth a bet. Evans at 40/1 looks overpriced as well if it is a high tempo finish. I still think Sagan will do it, but the price is short. I’ll do Vino and Chavanel e/w

Dead flat stage tomorrow. Hard to look beyond Cav, Sagan or EBH. I would go for Cav.

Yeah Cav tomorrow for me too.

Cancellara was an animal today and some very clever riding from Sagan. Disappointed to see Gilbert 4th as had an e/w bet on him & hoped to at least get money back :frowning:

I don’t think EBH or Sagan will be up there. If Sagan wins today, he could win up to 7 stages and just give him the green jersey now. I think it will be too fast for Sagan. Cavendish looks the likely winner, but Greipel and Kittel will run him close. A lack of a proper leadout might scuppers Cavs chances as Lotto and Argos will have full teams to support Greipel and Kittel. At the prices I’d rather be backing one of those. Just for an interest I will do Greipel e/w 6/1

Will be interesting to see if Cavendish has same power as last year. He has lost weight to become better on climbs but this could affect him on pan flat stages like today.

True Larry, Kittel and Griepel beat him in sprints in the ZLM recently. The more i look at it, he is not the cert today that the bookmakers would lead you to believe.

Goss looked sharp in the intermediate sprint yesterday too, even though it was for minor placings.

Boom! Cav takes it by an inch from Greipel. Goss third.

Tomorrow’s Stage has a very hilly finish so I am going back to Gilbert to win. He actually finished Stage 1 very well - 4th - and is probably smarting at missing out on the stage victory, when he didn’t follow the Cancellara attack. The only problem is his odds are only 7/2.

I’m all over Sagan at 9/1 for this with Corals. He should be a clear favourite not Gilbert.

9/1 is crazy odds for Sagan for tomorrow. You get him at 9/1 Anto? Best he can be got now is 2/1.

9/1 is a great price. But I reckon EBH or Gilbert tomorrow. Punchy finish, could see Dan Martin well up there.

Suits Martin all right and I’d give him a real chance but read quotes from him saying he wouldn’t be doing anything until the Alps. Hope he does go for it though. Not too many opportunities on this tour.

Ya Larry got it at about 6.30 yesterday by 7.30 he was 5/2 with them. They restricted the bet though, so couldn’t get as much as i would have liked on. Today should suit Martin and I hope he goes for it. I think we will see Evans going for it as well. He could get around 10 seconds on Wiggins here, which could be vital.

Well fair play. 9/1 is way overpriced for him for today. He has an excellent chance.
Martin is 7/4 to beat Mollema today in head to head today. I have gone with that. Even if he doesn’t attack I think he will be up near the front to support Hesjedal though Mollema looks in good nick too. It is my second bet of the tour. The other being Brajkovic to get top ten placing (3/1).

Your well disciplined with the bets Larry. Funny enough i have small e/w bets on both Martin and Mollema for today. The last 20 k should be exciting. If they go into the final climb together I can’t see Sagan being beaten.

On the basis of what Hesjedal had to say in pre race interview there I think one of Garmin riders will give it a go today. I have had small bet on Martin each way at 50/1.

I’m on Martin myself, but he did say he wouldn’t do anything until the Alps. Things can change from day to day though. Just looked back at the end of stage 1 again and Martin was well back in the field at the bottom of the climb. He moved up very quickly which is a good sign for today.

Yeah there really aren’t that many opportunities for him if he wants a stage win so hoping he revises his opinion. He does look in good shape all right. If he isn’t going for it today than perhaps Hesjedal was refering to Danielson or Vandevelde. Not sure either have the acceleration to do anything though unless they go early.
I reckon Roche will do all he can to be up there too.

Just gone for Sagan at 6/4