Tv Shows & Mini Series (Part 1)

Wrong thread @Copper_pipe my good man but my Irish channels seem to have been replaced by 40 Indian channels in the last week or two. I can’t find the Irish channels now. User error?

Yeah nonsense alright

She must be really shit at undercover if she got outed on her two assignments.

The worst undercover operative since that one on line of duty who gets exposed within a couple of days every time

3 Likes

Wummin, innit?

It’s excellent,on episode 8, supposed to be continued,music and dark themes fab

1 Like

I love the sets. They’ve really captured what London must have been like

Who we strongly hint was a ghost/your imaginary friend in the firat place

1 Like

Dublin Murders is absolutely preposterous. It’s one of the worst shows I’ve ever watched. It actually starts pretty well but it’s some load of bollox by about half way through. I haven’t watched the final episode yet, probably will out of morbid curiosity.

1 Like

I gave up after episode 4

I agree Dublin Murders was all over the place with two novels merged into one show but the final two episodes were decent enough.

I knew from the ad for it, you could just tell…i bet the likes of @Locke loved it.

1 Like

Great Mish mash ref time/ historical figures ,really well done,no spoiler but the episode reference Alistair Crowley :+1::+1::+1:

Just watched the last two episodes there. Chrisht.

So many things to whinge about, but in particular that whole multicultural-Trinity-students-in-a-big-house-in-Wicklow-who-need-to-be-infiltrated-by-the-Gardaí subplot… grrrrrrrrr

2 Likes

Anyone else watch End of the Fucking World? Second season up on Netflix. Not a bad show. Short succinct, and cutting in places. A nice soundtrack from Graham Coxon as well.

Ok - i’m gonna do something here that I dont usually do and say I might have been hasty in my appraisal of Breaking Bad … The wife had never seen it and one of her sisters pushed her into watching it around the time of this chat … so we’ve watched one or two episodes a night over the last month and i’ve quite enjoyed it.

I dont know it it was a case of being overly eager to find out what happened next when I originally watched it, but not having that same driving force now there was lots to admire about the story and acting … the wife and son annoyed me the first time around and that didnt change… But I was guilty of under-estimating Jessie’s story and the actor himself … Mike is Mike.

I’d bump it from a 7/10 to an 8/10 on second viewing and would recommend those yet to rewatch it to do so … I had forgotten most of the story.

Still have the last season to go

To thine ownself be true mate.

Yeah I enjoyed it more the 2nd time I re-watched it. It is a good sign of a show.

Mad Men is probably the most enjoyable show ever to watch back a 2nd time. You miss loads of things the first time and as you know the characters from the 1st watch, you see and appreciate scenes differently.

Ditto the Wire (obviously)

1 Like

It’s important to be open and be flexible …

Walt - Jessie - Mike - Hank are outstanding

You still have the last series to go - enter Todd. He is probably my favourite character in it all.

They milk him in the film.