Tv Shows & Mini Series (Part 1)

Same writer isn’t it?

Yep. Phoebe Waller-Bridge. Nice to see the working class getting a chance in the entertainment industry.

1 Like

Anyone seen Zero Zero Zero yet and is it any use?

I’m hopefull for it myself but haven’t started watching it yet.

1 Like

I finished The English Game last night. I didn’t know if I should laugh or cry. It’s not great for a start but I do like a period drama and I do like football, I even got through all of Downton Abbey ffs. The setting and costumes were good. Acting not great, there was a ‘road’ used across a Moor that was in each episode around 3/4 times but putting that aside it was okay.
4.5/10

New show on Amazon with Pacino - Hunters. Nazi hunters in the 70s. Not sure if based on a true story.

1 Like

I fucking hated it and the lead actress/villain

1 Like

It’s decent but like a lot of new shows it’s ridiculously violent. Presume the chess scene was made up

It is woeful

Hard to watch

I plan to catch up on 20 episodes of Gold Rush over the next 2 weeks.

Tony Beets is some man.

6 Likes

She’s a scouser mate.

A word for the excellent Blood which finished on Monday night on Virgin Media. It was the second series and starred Adrian Dunbar.

I was glued to it I must say.

1 Like

Second season was gash so gave up there.

1 Like

So is Wayne Rooney.

Its watchable but not anything too enthralling. It actually lays the groundwork for a very good second season if they do run with it. Mexican boyos something else in it. But first season doesnt really grip at all.

1 Like

Am watching TV series “Spotless” on VOD IPTV. Easy watch. Humorous and clever. About a pair of French brothers involved in cleaning up crime scenes for a local London criminal outfit. Only one season ever made of it but decent…

Finished watching Snowfall which is very good. Not too much brain capacity needed to watch it but very enjoyable and some twists/graphic stuff. About introduction of coke and then crack to LA.

I concur Farmer

Do you think enough was left hanging for a 3rd series??

Yes - I definitely think so,

He’s playing chess while the rest of them are playing checkers

1 Like