Tv Shows & Mini Series (Part 1)

I go back again and again to Soprano’s but never in a structured way, if I was channel surfing and I see it on Sky Atlantic say I’d watch it and enjoy it thoroughly. Mad Men I went back and watched it through but started on Season 3 so I’m 4 deep into Season 1 right now. Maggie Siff :heart_eyes:

I’d never watch Breaking Bad again, once was enough.

I go after their Queen aggressively on basis at that level they won’t be good enough to beat me without the Queen.

Hammer the hammer.

Twice. Was better the second time

1 Like

But for a learner… Would you advise getting your boys out centre aggressively?

Yeah when you play a few games you see the openings. Move centre pawn and then get knights out.

I’d say if you spent a weekend at it and learned a few plays you’d be hard bet.

The ten minute games are a good laugh.

If you have time they do an analysis to show where your moves could have been better sort of like The Sunday Game but for chess

I’ll play a single game of ten minute chess in morning and evening now to enhance my day and mindfulness

I played a few games last night and you aren’t long minding your boys after a few cheap shots… creating openings / traps I presume takes a bit longer to come together. Most winning teams are built from the back tho.

Your body would be better served going for a run mate. The mind will look after itself with the endorphins you create.

I reckon his prawn structure was very poor.

Creating traps and openings is where we need to get to.

Sounds like the mantra of TFK

You’re some man to find all that time between holding down a job, rearing a couple of young kids in the evening, posting here, and being actively involved in the GAA at either coaching and/or playing level.

Anyway to the posts about six feet under, it’s a magnificent series. I wonder how it holds up 10-15years later.

1 Like

it holds up well. watched a couple of seasons again there 2 years ago and it was still great

1 Like

I dont know how I do it.

1 Like

Sopranos was superb TV

Is superb TV :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Watched opening episodes of “Lupin” (silly but entertaining) and “Wandavision” (weird and entertaining) tonight. Both worth a look.

2 Likes

1 Like

He’s back

1 Like

I’m liking Wandavision

Elizabeth Olsen is beautiful.

Only lasted 10 minutes… Modern day bewitched… Does it get better