Tv Shows & Mini Series (Part 1)

Thats a very good point. It’s claustrophobic and very uncomfortable, but that’s how you interact with writing and acting of this quality. And then you come away from it with something, maybe more empathy or understanding of people who have gone through shit like this, a million miles from my childhood and something I don’t understand but want to.
That’s what makes it so important for me at least.

1 Like

I stopped 1.5 episodes in, just after he woke up in his sister’s gaff. I wasn’t in the right place to watch it. It was very good so must go back to it.

Yeah, I wasn’t prepared for it, but couldn’t stop watching. Herself is really struggling with it, but I have to watch so much utter shite she puts on, I think she thought discretion was the better part.

2 Likes

From makers of Gomorrah

1 Like

It wasn’t great and Gabriel Byrne wasn’t in it very much.

Like Gomorrah, lacking any real substance .

The second half of your sentence was correct.

1 Like

It’s a sin on channel 4 is incredible TV,
I’ve only seen the first two but they’re all available on all4.
It’s about the AIDS epidemic of the 1980s, set in London, just fantastic TV

2 Likes

I enjoyed it.

Hopefully they do a solely Ndrangheta show next

Calabria is beautiful.

2 Likes

First class. Took a bit to get going but the kidnap episode is one of the funniest things I’ve seen in a while

1 Like

Started watching Black Sails took a while to get going but started to pick. Plenty of eye candy to be seen.

Watched episode 3 last night,
This is extraordinary TV, has it been discussed here at all?

I don’t think there’s much interest in watching a show about homosexuals on here pal.

It’s nearly worth it for the music alone, have you seen it yourself?

They might catch it off the telly.

1 Like

Haven’t watched it yet. Getting rave reviews.

On channel 4 now.

I haven’t . We’re watching This Is Us on Amazon… One of those standard cheesy American shows that portrays the main actor as an all doing perfect man that knows everything, can do anything and lives only for romantic gestures. The unrealistic type of man that your wife measures you against as she cries through every episode. You know yourself…

2 Likes

I’ve seen it. It is superb yes and a wonderful soundtrack.

Some of the folk on here might find it hard to admit how excellent a show like this is

1 Like

I’m watching Brotherhood, only 3 seasons and is excellent