Tv Shows & Mini Series (Part 1)

Ya it’s almost like the anti corruption unit investigate nothing but corrupt cops.

I agree that trying to tie the whole thing in with one overarching storyline is a bit unnecessary and now a hinderance to it. The last season was a bit shit. This one is a return to form so far though. Although I’m worried about how they are going to tie this up , I fear it may be an absolute mess. They’ve had two years to write it though

1 Like

They are good alright, and the emphasis on procedure is good too.

Steve Arnott is some man with a handgun.

One bullet bang bang.

Why won’t he arrange his appointment with the occupational therapist though?

1 Like

I told you all this 3 seasons ago mate …

There probably have been more corrupt cops in this than actual straight ones. I am not sure that is realistic.

The scene with Arnott taking out the sniper with a single shot from his hand gun was a bit much last night! Its a bit like the scene in the Simpsons where the cop catches the bullet and throws it back and kills the baddy by penetrating his heart.

the ambition to pull it all together is fantastic. if mercurio pulls it off it will be something else.

the downside of that is that you cant join as a casual viewer at the start of a season, you have to have watched all of the episodes and paid a lot of attention.

ive never had a TV show require such powers of memory recall. its like an entertaining leaving cert exam

1 Like

Ya it was a bit silly alright. Steve is a highly trained firearms officer though don’t forget.

The constant attacks on police convoys are extremely far fetched though. That would be Mexico levels of corruption

Because he knows he is done for drugs after being tested I would have thought?

Who is Jo Davison related to? My money is on Dot Cotton.

1 Like

That scene last night had no impact really to the plot. Neil from The Office ended up being taken out in prison afterwards - another dramatic scene.

they shouldve got gervais in for a guest appearance to do what daid brent wished he couldve done

It’s a real water cooler show that if you don’t watch as it’s released you risk it being spoiled.

I like it. Good fun also to spot parts of Belfast it’s filmed in

1 Like

amazing how they get away with filming so many armed balaclava man scenes in belfast :smiley:

1 Like

yeah I think in other series we had waited until the season was over before watching them all one after another over a couple of nights, but cant do that now, far too many spoilers and talk about it out there. I enjoy it too. of course its far fetched and not really true to life, but if they wanted a show about police corruption to be interesting, watching lads go on about a few expense sheets being over claimed or taking tickets to a match might not be as engaging to watch.

5 Likes

Being farfetched is one thing … being predictable is another.

I dont think it is predictable though. We have an ending last night where no one really knows who is the relative and its not at all after being lined up or predictable.

given that gill bigelow was in his employ sure the PCC is the big bad for this series

Sorry pal … I havent watched it since early season 3… thought it was very contrived and predictable and i like to remind @farmerinthecity about my opinion every time I get a chance.

ah sound. If we all liked the same stuff, we’d be boring people. Ger back to your romcoms there

1 Like

I’ve just finished The Terror … Season 1 was very good I thought. Very slow moving and a constant tension… Season 2 was enjoyable but it was far more absurd - It was like Manga or a Japanese comic book. The romance in both was enjoyable.

1 Like

Wha?