Tv Shows & Mini Series (Part 2)

Lads here want boom boom boom from the off. Episode 5 was bleak viewing

That realisation, Christ it was dreadful. Senseless.

Iā€™ve watched the first 4 and itā€™s mediocre at best.ClichĆ©s galore.Hopefully it picks up but itā€™s no band of brothers thatā€™s for sure.

Ah nothing could match Band of Brothers and itā€™s hamstrung by the recognition factor of its actors. The Pacific suffered likewise but MOTA is a step up considerably on it.

The skies were boom boom pow right from the off in real life bud. Being in a B17 and flying during the day before the Merlin powered P51ā€™s showed up was a death sentence

I think he was referring to character development before getting into chief

1 Like

How many episodes are there now vs will be. Waiting till its almost done to binge

The raids in episode 4 were years into the war. It would be like starting BOB in Bastogne

Youā€™re in fact agreeing with him

I think they were trying to portray the bleakness of it by getting us familiar with the happy go lucky adventurers first.

Unlike infantry/ ground forces - these lads returned to a sense of normality in-between missionsā€¦ Flicking that on/off switch must have taken some doing. And bar maybe the pilot, everyone else had zero control of the situation - going up into that situation repeatedly would ate you up.

Agree that the story has lagged at times but the fighting scenes have been excellent.

2 Likes

The moments when the flak stopped and the silence came must have been terrifying

1 Like

True Detective wraps up I believe late Sunday night. While the latest season started with a really good first episode it has fizzled away into some load of horse manure as itā€™s gone on. One last chance to make it serviceable now but i fear that chance is gone. Jodie foster was terrible in it as the lead and quite mis-cast I think , but thatā€™s only one of the problems . Her co female detective the Inuit lady former boxer has been head and shoulders the best character in it.

Anyone have a good platform for streaming for free? I want to watch the Apprentice new season episode one but it canā€™t be downloaded on sky box unless youā€™re a UK resident. Edit: I think itā€™s OK Iā€™m watching on Dailymotion.

Season 4 Episode 22 GIF by The Simpsons

A tour de France from Larry this week @Locke. Best episode of series so far.

1 Like

Mr & Mrs Smith on Prime is very watchable. Glover and Erskine are quite believable in the title roles. Glover, in particular, has more presence than Iā€™d have given him credit for previously

Flixtor.to

1 Like

Just how much weed are McConaughey and Harrelson smoking? Are they transitioning to a tarantino-type format?

Youā€™ve lost me there Iā€™m afraid?

In which bit?