Tv Shows & Mini Series (Part 2)

Well worth the watch.

The cop is Irish but it’s set in New Zealand. He even has a hurl and sliotar. He’s very one sided though.

There are some fairly clunky bits in it - the Irish detective is called Theo Richter and spends his evenings in NZ pucking a sliothar agin a wall. Overall though it’s decent, the intrigue builds nicely as the series progresses. The ending wasn’t a complete let down either, which is a common failing for these types of shows - partly because they left it open for a second series, which completely caught me off guard.

I’d give it a:
Daycent Enough / 10

Slow Horses with Gary Oldman has a 3rd season just released. Tremendous fare

5 Likes

This looks to be shaping as something good. Feb release

FX pump out some really good stuff in fairness to them

1 Like

Great to have “Slow Horses” back, S03E01 was great.

2 Likes

I had to laugh at that one. :grinning::grinning::grinning:

1 Like

Id love to know how he found the sliotar after the first episode? Perhaps he had two. And he had no hurl coming through the airport.

They missed a trick though when the Māori handed him the bag of hash. I assumed it was the lost sliotar at first.

Oh my word

2 Likes

I see Bang has uploaded the old Vietnam war show Tour of Duty :clap:

2 Likes

The Oldman still throws on the soundtrack CD. Quality show

1 Like

any tv show that gets paint it black as the theme has a lot going for it

2 Likes

A great show,used to be on UTV late at night during the week iirc

Season 3, Episode 3 of Reservation Dogs is a masterful piece of television.

Definitely one of the best television shows of the past few years.

3 Likes

Fargo has turned the corner in a very positive way in the last few eps

3 Likes

Bookie a good laugh.

Massively underrated show. Doesn’t appear on many people’s radars for whatever reason.

It’s masterful

Think we’ve chatted about this before. It’s a beautiful show. We are only digging into the final season now. That episode on the Deer Lady’s origin story that we watched last night was phenomenal

I was saying to myself Danish Graves (another brilliant character name) looked familiar.

The latest episode is fantastic. This whole series is excellent

Not quite the level of Season 1 but it’d be wrong to benchmark it against a masterpiece. Season 5 is brilliant in it’s own right.

Sam Spruell,as Ole Munch, is fantastic.

2 Likes