19 Michael Cassidy Ard BĂł

20 Kyle Coney Ard BĂł

21 Connor McAliskey Cluain Eo

22 Declan McClure Cluain Eo

23 Aidan McCrory Aireagal ChiarĂĄin

24 Hugh Pat McGeary Cabhán a’Chaortainn

25 Ciaran McLaughlin An Ómaigh

26 Conor Meyler An Ómaigh

McAliskey back on the bench and Richie Donnelly back starting.

I’d imagine Richie Donnelly will be in around the square, we’ve seriously struggled to make the ball stick in there. No McCurry in the squad so he is possibly injured but I just fail to see where the scores will come from. Peter Harte has played a fair bit inside this year but he’s not natural there and has struggled, can’t see us beating Monaghan unless it’s a very low scoring affair.

It seems a pretty strange selection but I suppose we need to try certain things out. Coney has yet to start a league game this term, Lee Brennan has only seen action against Mayo, Ronan O’Neill not seeing a single minute of action. I hope it’s a case of Harte trying different alternatives and experimenting in the league because if we continue to persist in Championship without a finisher, even if they may not be top bracket, then it will be a short one.

Good performance from us this evening.

Seemed to take turns in who was playing inside but McShane was a constant presence in there and Donnelly and Harte played quite advanced up in the forward line.

Thought Harte was the star man tonight, took his goal superbly, got a few other good scores and generally troubled Monaghan all night. Other players to show up well for us were McKernan, Burns, McDonnell, Mattie Donnelly and McShane.

1 Niall Morgan Éadan na dTorc
2 Pádraig Hampsey Oileán a’Ghuail
3 Ronan McNamee Achadh UĂ­ ArĂĄin
4 Hugh Pat McGeary Cabhán a’Chaortainn
5 Tiernan McCann Coill an Chlochair
6 Frank Burns Cabhán a’Chaortainn
7 Ben McDonnell Aireagal ChiarĂĄin
8 Cathal McShane E. R. UĂ­ NĂ©ill
9 Richard Donnelly TrĂ­ Leac
10 Matthew Donnelly TrĂ­ Leac
11 Niall Sludden An Droim MhĂłr
12 Conor Meyler An Ómaigh
13 Connor McAliskey Cluain Eo
14 Peter Harte Aireagal ChiarĂĄin
15 Kieran McGeary Cabhán a’Chaortainn
16 Benny Gallen Achadh UĂ­ ArĂĄin
17 Lee Brennan TrĂ­ Leac
18 Rory Brennan TrĂ­ Leac
19 Michael Cassidy Ard BĂł
20 Kyle Coney Ard BĂł
21 Harry Loughran An MhĂĄigh
22 Conall McCann Coill an Chlochair
23 Declan McClure Cluain Eo
24 Aidan McCrory Aireagal ChiarĂĄin
25 Darren McCurry Éadan na dTorc
26 Liam Rafferty An Gallbhaile

3 changes from last weekend, Meyler, HP McGeary and McAliskey in for Rafferty, Kennedy and McKernan. Kennedy and McKernan not in the 26 so presumably injured, Kennedy came off last week anyway with an injury.

Coney named on the bench this week, he had been named on it last week but Loughran took his place.

Hopefully we will build on last week’s performance, I think having no Kennedy, Cavanagh or Grugan loses us a bit of physicality around the middle but McShane and R Donnelly are very comfortable on the ball. Great to see Skeet back starting and I think having both him and Harte inside gives us a nice bit of threat.

:see_no_evil: 

I believe young McKernan has dropped off the panel as he will be going to play in the States this summer.

Would imagine it will be the same team named for Tyrone this weekend, no injuries and on the back of the best performance of the season.

What will be interesting is how we approach this, I’d hope that we don’t go out and just try and play the same style we did against Dublin because it worked the last time, Galway are probably the most defensive of the top 5/6 sides around now so I don’t think the early ball will work to the same effect. Last week was an encouraging performance but this is more of an acid test with respect to our decision making and ability to mix it up at the right time.

McCarron’s retirement is no surprise, he had a bad injury and he has been in decline the past couple of years, a very good player for Tyrone over the years, hopefully he can save himself from himself in his post football life.

Not sure what the story is with McKernan, varying reports on whether he is just injured or heading to the States this summer so it does leave us a little lighter at the back right now.

I’d expect both Murnaghan and Canavan will be released to the u20s in the near term now, we should be well able to give that a good rattle this year, we’ve disappointed at this grade since 2015 and have failed to come out of Ulster in that time.

Galway have been emphasizing attack more and more as the league has progressed and its been paying dividends. Will be interesting to see if any from Corofin are brought in for this. Bar the Dublin game its been a good league campaign, should have got something against Kerry but a consecutive Final appearance is well within our grasp here to right that wrong

Galway will be very happy with their league campaign given the absentees throughout it.

I’d still have a fair few doubts about some of the their backs though.

So would I bruv, but as mentioned above it’s the attacking element that has been to the fore of Galways play the last couple of games that has a spring in the step, especially when you keep in mind the likes of Ian Burke and the Baysht are still to come in. Shane Walsh has developed some real leadership qualities without them and keep an eye on O Laoi. If he can do in Championship what he’s been doing so far we have a genuine top prospect on our hands

Quite happy with that league campaign, a final place would be nice but at the end of the day the league is more about what you can learn and develop from it than winning it. Championship is always the be all and end all.

McShane and Mattie Donnelly have played really well so it gives us that other option in there, Donnelly was generally in and out today and himself and Harte alternated going inside. McShane is really begging to develop his positional play and decision making, he was excellent again.

Cassidy was my biggest plus point today, a superb performance and hopefully he’ll keep his place come Championship. He’s been on the panel for a few years but I think injuries and the form of others have meant he has struggled to make an impact. He was corner back in the u21 AI winning side but regularly came up and hit long distance scores as he’s a great striker of the ball, plays most of his club football around the forward line.

I wouldn’t be the biggest fan of HP McGeary and he was caught badly for the goal today, he’s a squad player at best and I think in the big games Harte will always go with someone like Rory Brennan ahead of him.

Looks like Ronan O’Neill has left the Tyrone panel, no surprise there, he was well down the pecking order and didn’t make the matchday 26 at all during the league. An early ACL injury seemed to put an end to him fulfilling his underage potential, he was probably the best minor in the country at his age level and the star of the Tyrone AI winning side in 2010.

Tyrone keeper Benny Gallen scored a goal from play for Aghyaran last night.

He wasn’t playing in nets though

He was.

He wasn’t even in his penalty area

He started the move there, don’t be jelly because Derry keepers are too fat to make it past the halfway line.

Maybe tfk needs another pointless argument :thinking:

Maybe we shouldn’t challenge your naked insecurities regarding Tyrone, worried about another hammering in a few weeks?

Conleth gilligan scored one in clones. Can’t remember if it was against tyrone or monaghan