Tyrone 2019

Moy won’t be getting their €1,887 anytime soon.

Player gets injured in GAA game and no action is taken shocker.

Bizarre how staters only seem interested in preserving a log of unsavoury incidents involving Ulster counties, namely Tyrone.

Moy GAA released the statement. I presume they cannot be labelled as ‘Staters’?

Moy have let Ulster down here.

http://www.msn.com/en-ie/sport/gaa/ewan-mackenna-there-is-one-hugely-bothersome-aspect-that-still-lingers-around-the-sean-cavanagh-incident/ar-BBND0lx?ocid=ientp

ewan on the case

Hi Ewan!

“Sweep sweep”

:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

2 Likes

Kyle Coney apparently returning to the fold next year.

Kyle Coney, Darren McCurry, Shay McGuigan and Conan Grugan all attended the trial match at the weekend

Mark Bradley has opted out of the squad for 2019. He will be doing a University course in Liverpool.

I’d imagine we could see him involved come Championship however as Kieran McGeary was involved last year when doing the same course.

Coney, McCurry and Grugan all recalled to the Tyrone squad.

Benny Gallen, Brian Kennedy, Liam Rafferty and Matthew Murnaghan also called up.

Mickey O’Neill has dropped off the squad so Gallen will be the new understudy to Morgan.

We are carrying a few injuries at present so I’d expect us to carry a bigger squad through the league.

QUICKSILVER forward Mark Bradley has admitted it broke his heart having to withdraw from the Tyrone panel for the year ahead – especially because he believes 2019 could be their year.

The Killyclogher man was one of the Red Hands’s best players on All-Ireland final day when, after a flying start, they were eventually overwhelmed by the all-conquering Dubs.

However, Bradley won’t be available to Mickey Harte in the coming season as he completes a one-year Postgraduate Certificate of Education at Liverpool’s Hope University.

Jim Gavin’s Dublin look head and shoulders above the chasing pack as they eye up an historic fifth All-Ireland crown in-a-row, but Bradley says missing this year will be all the more painful because of the Tyrone challenge he expects to see.

“Big time - it’s even harder because I firmly believe it’ll be this year that we will hopefully do it. That makes it even tougher,” admitted the 24-year-old.

“With the year we’ve had, it doesn’t make things easy, so you can imagine how painful a phone call that was [to Harte]. I had been chatting to Mickey for a couple of months, so it wasn’t as if I sprung it on him and he wasn’t expecting it.

“He was trying to assist in every way he could; he was a teacher himself so he knows the work that has go in over here as well.”

Another Tyrone player, Kieran McGeary, found himself in a similar boat at the start of this year but was able to secure a placement back at home that allowed him to commit to the Red Hands’ training schedule from the spring onwards.

Unfortunately for Bradley, that simply wasn’t possible and his course will keep him in Merseyside until the start of May.

“I was very hopeful I was going to be back,” he continued.

“Kieran McGeary was in the same position and I thought I would do something similar to what he did, as in miss the first half of the League and then get a home placement.

“I’ve been trying for a few months but it’s looking like I’m going to be here until July. My course director tried her best to facilitate me as well but it wasn’t to be, so I’ve ruled myself out.

“Even if I was to go home at weekends, that’s a third of the training everyone else is doing, and you really don’t have the time to be coming home every weekend.

“If I had been finished up any earlier - if I’d got a home placement - not a problem, but we don’t finish until the first week in July and you’re nearly into the Super 8s at that stage.

“I wouldn’t want to be in a position where I’m playing catch-up at that stage of the year and then maybe not seeing any minutes. I couldn’t do it.

“It broke my heart having to ring Mickey and tell him this but I need to just get this year over me, get my education and hopefully get into a full-time job.

“Hopefully I’ll have a few more years after that but, as it stands, I’ll not be playing any part this year unfortunately.”

The likes of Darren McCurry, who opted off the panel back in March, and Kyle Coney – last seem in a Tyrone jersey almost three years ago – could be involved during the Dr McKenna Cup after attending recent trials.

And Bradley insists there is “no shortage” of attacking talent fit to the lead the line for the Red Hands in 2019.

“I don’t think it’s a case of replacing me at all - those boys warrant their place from what I saw in the club championship alone. They’re there on their own merits, they’ve been super.

“There’s no shortage of deadly forwards in Tyrone and within the Tyrone panel.”

Speaking at the Dr McKenna Cup launch on Wednesday night, Harte admitted it was a blow to lose such an influential player but is fully understanding of the position Bradley finds himself in.

“It’s very disappointing, it’s unfortunate, but such is life,” said the Red Hands boss.

“Mark’s a smart enough young man to know that if he wasn’t fully involved with us until July then his chances of being where he would like to be with us for the next few months, if we’re still involved at that time… so it’s a calculated decision on his part and I’m with him on it.”

Darragh Canavan apparently part of the setup this year. Strange as he didn’t even play u20 last year and didn’t start for his club in Championship this year.

Still, it’s Christmas and the son of God etc.

Mickey Harte has added 9 new recruits to the Senior squad ahead of their opening game in the Mc Kenna Cup away to Derry on Thursday night 20th Dec.

In come Benny Gallen, Aghyaran, Liam Rafferty, Galbally, Matthew Murnaghan, Killyclogher, Conan Grugan, Omagh, Brian Kennedy, Derrylaughan, Kyle Coney, Ardboe, Darren Mc Curry, Ryan Gray, Trillick, Darragh Canavan, Errigal Ciaran.

Conan Grugan, Darren Mc Curry and Kyle Coney have all tasted Senior Experience before while the remaining players are given their chance having played with the County U.20 squad.

McKenna Cup Squad

Benny Gallen – Achadh Uí Aráin
Liam Rafferty – An Gallbhaile
Matthew Murnaghan – Coill an Chlochair
Rory Brennan – Trí Leac
Conor Meyler – An Ómaigh
Conan Grugan – An Ómaigh
Peter Harte – Aireagal Chiaráin
Brian Kennedy – Doire Lochain
Conal McCann – Coill an Chlochair
Kyle Coney – Ard Bó
Declan McClure – Cluain Eo
Aidan McCrory – Aireagal Chiaráin
Darren McCurry – Éadan na dTorc
Ben McDonnell – Aireagal Chiaráin
David Mulgrew – Ard Bó
Hugh Pat McGeary – Cabhán a’Chaortainn
Ryan Gray – Trí Leac
Ruairi Sludden – An Droim Mhór
Ciaran McLaughlin – An Ómaigh
Darragh Canavan – Aireagal Chiaráin
Ronan McNamee – Achadh Uí Aráin
Cathal McShane – E. R. Uí Néill
Niall Morgan – Éadan na dTorc
Tiernan McCann – Coill an Chlochair
Ronan O’Neill – An Ómaigh
Niall Sludden – An Droim Mhór

Just trying to work out how much changes have taken place from last year, Mark Bradley and Mickey O’Neill have left and there are a number of players left out of the squad.

No Hampsey, Mattie Donnelly, Colm Cavanagh, Loughran, Frank Burns and Kieran McGeary in the squad but I’d expect they are either just been given a rest or are carrying knocks or injuries.

Lee Brennan and Michael McKernan are playing with UUJ.

Richie Donnelly, Cathal McCarron, Conor McAIiskey, Brendan Burns and Ronan McHugh will probably miss a fair portion of the national league as they have all underwent serious surgery in the past 6 months.

Ronan McNabb, Michael Cassidy and Paudie McNulty are not involved, think McNulty may have recently got married so may be currently on his honeymoon but not sure on the other two. McNabb wasn’t making the match day squads toward the end of last year and really seems to have fallen off the radar while Cassidy has made minimal minutes in the last three seasons so I’d say there could be a good chance they are gone. I think Cassidy would still have a lot to offer though so hope it’s a case of him carrying a knock or injury.

1. Niall Morgan (Edendork)

2. Liam Rafferty (Galbally)

3. Rory Brennan (Trillick)

4. Ciaran McLaughlin (Omagh)

5. Tiernan McCann (Killyclogher)

6. Aidan McCrory (Errigal Ciaran)

7. Ben McDonnell (Errigal Ciaran)

8. Conan Grugan (Omagh)

9. Brian Kennedy (Derrylaughan)

10. Niall Sludden (Dromore)

11. Kyle Coney (Ardboe)

12. Cathal McShane (Eoghan Ruadh)

13. Darren McCurry (Edendork)

14. David Mulgrew (Ardboe)

15. Ruairi Sludden (Dromore)

Subs

1. Benny Gallen (Aghyaran)
  2. Darragh Canavan (Errigal Ciaran)
  3. Peter Harte (Errigal Ciaran)
  4. Conor Meyler (Omagh)
  5. Matthew Murnaghan (Killyclogher)
  6. Declan McClure (Clonoe)
  7. Hugh Pat McGeary (Pomeroy)
  8. Ronan McNamee (Aghyaran)
  9. Ronan O’Neill (Omagh)

Can’t see Canavan or Murnaghan playing much when the Championship comes along. I’d imagine they are being involved in order to provide some cover and help develop them for the future, we have quite a number of injuries at this point in time. They will most likely be released to the U20s when the time comes. They probably need another couple of years in the gym to be ready for senior football at this level.

Kennedy, Grugan and Coney should be big additions this year and all give us some physicality out in the middle. Looks like Harte may be going with Coney around the half forward line. McCurry is a very capable replacement for Bradley too and hopefully he’s got his confidence back.

Gallen is a very talented young keeper but he looks a little lightweight there and I don’t see him dislodging Morgan. Rafferty is a bit of an unknown, showed up very well in the Club Championship this year by all accounts and hopefully he can force his way into contention in defence.

Mmmmmnnnn. I was wondering about that myself.

Niall Morgan :smile:

Some lovely scores by McCurry there.

I love the way peter canavan mispronounces Tyrone as thrown

1 B Gallen

2 C McLaughlin

3 HP McGeary

4 A McCrory

5 L Rafferty

6 C Meyler

7 M Murnaghan

8 C Grugan

9 B Kennedy

10 D McClure

11 K Coney

12 C McCann

13 D Canavan

14 R O’Neill

15 R Sludden

16 N Morgan

17 R Brennan

18 R Gray

19 P Harte

20 B McDonnell

21 C McShane

22 D Mulgrew

23 N Sludden

Think most of those lads are only returning from Thailand at present.