UEFA Nations League

Also Szmodics Is no good. He’s 28 years old and has a desperate record and shown no interest in playing for us. Not sure why lads keep picking him.

We need wide players to support Evan Ferguson and maybe a midfielder charging forward.

Agree on wide players but we probably have to go 5 at the back v England.

He’s having a great season.

Looks a cracking player. Charlie Adam really talking him up.

1 Like

Adam idah and arron Connolly have more upside.

Huge second half of the seasons for them coming up.

Troy the boy is 7 in 17 in a struggling side in the Dutch league too. Still only 22.

A number 10 for me but wouldn’t be writing him off.

I wonder could you play Ferguson slightly deeper. Not in midfield but Parrott up top and deploy Ferguson in behind him. He’s good on the ball. Good shooter from distance and times runs from deep very well.

Might make The opposition think a little too. He can be isolated up top on his own and he’d have to run a little less too.

Might watch the Departed that night instead of that match tbh

1 Like

Looked the best athlete on the pitch against Italy

Who the fuck are you?

I’ve no idea how this home league nations thing works… How did we end in this group having not won a proper match in a few years,?

Go back to the old system ta fuck these floating groups and back door qualifiers are a farce.

Have you ever seen him play or are you just making a rash judgement? We’re in no position to turn our noses up at a player who’s top scorer in the Championship. A league generally regarded as one of the top 10 in Europe.

I actually think @Perez2017 has a point here. The English game is very reminiscent of the France (0-1) game from the opening day of the last campaign back in March. Similar free shot with a fabulous atmosphere. With a somewhat competent manager we should compete strongly with Greece and Finland. Neither blew us away when we were a rabble under Kenny.

I’m bemused as to how you were so confident that we’d be at America 2026 last month but now you fear we’ll end up with 0 points from 6 game in the Nations League group.

1 Like

How could a fella at 28 averaging about 10 league goals a season between the championship and league one be any good?

Not only that he’s refused to play for us a few times.

Move along from him.

https://twitter.com/DavidSneyd/status/1755995821227618615?t=Zd0q1nFvzIKu8dZ5yqMEfg&s=19

The boy Parrott could prove us all wrong yet.

2 Likes

That would be class

1 Like

100%, we should be aiming for 10 points out of 12 from the Finland and Greece games, 2 bang average teams. As for England, hopefully coming off losing the Euro’s to face Ireland in what in reality is a meaningless game for them, we definitely have a chance in a packed Aviva.

:smiley::sweat_smile::sweat_smile: did you watch the two recent games v Greece ?

Yes and who was the manager?