UK general election 2019 - corbinned

You have a very strange line of reasoning. I’ve always voted Green or libdems. Last time I voted Green, the candidate got 200 votes, so I’ll vote libdem as usual. I’ll also vote lib dem because Jo swinson has an almighty rack. I’m on record for this.

3 Likes

I was just saying that you’re a sensible person stuck in a country of cunts, don’t be anal about it.

I don’t disagree about the thrust of your argument, but sane is not something I’m usually accused of. Anyhow :+1:

1 Like

He’s very unlikely to slap back. I read his book**, History of the World. The Conservative party don’t write history books but if they did, this would be it.

**listened on Audible

1 Like

I see a Tory MP in Wales daubed swastikas on his own election poster in an attempt to smear Labour

They are getting desperate

So it took a convicted murderer to take down a convicted terroroist. On London Bridge. In 2019
You. Could. Not. Make. It. Up.

To be fair who better than a murderer

Interesting that Johnson’s total car crash of an interview with the Rochdale of interviewers, Andrew Marr, has not been mentioned by anybody here

I guess it’s a given that any interview by Johnson, even with a handpicked “friendly”, soft soaping journalist, will be a car crash

Ballymagash UDC would have fucked out a bluffer like him

Met Paul a few years back. He’s very earnest.

1 Like

More encouraging for Labour.

Hung parliament country

Jeremys Dream
Tracked leaders, jumped slowly 3rd and 5th, pushed along 10th, hit 13th, stayed on well from 3 out, chased leader 2 out, challenged last, upsides under pressure with 1f to run, led final 50yds, gamely

2 Likes

I see 6 is mentioned as the deficit needed for that to be the case.

It will come down to the marginals though and how many shy Tories there are in the Midlands and the North.

I see Boris wouldn’t even tell an interviewer how many kids he had. He needs to be locked into the office from now until the election. He’s an absolute liability

Loughborough University once again confirming what everybody knew about the industrial bullshit machine that is the UK press

Figure 5.1: Overall newspaper evaluations Weeks 1 - 3 (unweighted)

Figure 5.2: Overall newspaper evaluations Weeks 1 - 3 (weighted by circulation)

I’m traveling through the heartlands of Britain in January and will do a post election colour piece for the forum.

8 Likes

I love the way all these election campaign “colour pieces” all have a particular preconceived narrative they want to adhere to and the reporter in question will fucking shoehorn it in whatever they do

2019’s former Labour voter in a northern marginal who will vote Tory this time stereotype is 2018’s “Get on with it” stereotype, who was 2017’s former Labour voter in a north midlands marginal who will vote Tory this time stereotype, who was late 2016’s Trump voter in West Virginia stereotype, who was earlier 2016’s “take back control” stereotype, who was 2015’s “white van man” stereotype, and on and on and on like Ariston

1 Like

I’ll be getting out there and talking to real people, like the hotel receptionist, the barman, waitresses and the chap in the off license.

3 Likes