UK general election 2019 - corbinned

By jaysus I hope the DUP get slaughtered

This is true

It is astounding that a sport which has sold its moral compass down the toilet in so many ways still manages to be more moral than the Tory party and its associated political media

1 Like

A great man. It’s a pity there are so many hateful idiots in the world

Tories not happy at Red Nev’s truth bomb

https://twitter.com/Steven19952001/status/1203414383629668353

Sssssshhhhh

You didn’t answer the point raised to you.

Standard.

You didn’t make a point

It isn’t my fault you weren’t able to

Start taking some personal responsibility for your own poorly written posts rather than blaming me

I typed out a very well written post making plenty of cogent points in reply to your non-entity of a post and you’ve just ignored it

Stop playing the victim, it’s not a good look

The far right espouse personal responsibility but the truth is most of them wouldn’t be fit to tie their own shoelaces without some financial imbursments from mammy and daddy

1 Like

@Tim_Riggins had no problem with water charges here, even though water charges affected all households regardless of income

But as soon as it’s suggested those over £80k in the UK might start paying a little more tax, he has a big problem with that

They would rather point the finger and laugh at people who are struggling and didn’t have the same advantages as they did

They love sneering

Especially this time of year

Frankie Boyle nailed it

27/30

1 Like

Hancock will be doing a Nick Clegg with Amazon before long

Clegg works for Facebook now

This is pretty clear cut @Sidney, going off on rants on what Jeremy Corbyn is going to do is nearly here nor there.

The problem the left have is they think people just stay in income bands. The reality is they do not.

I have no issue with saying that people who inherit significant wealth are “loaded” and that this should be taxed more.

Anyone who thinks someone on 80K with a family to support and a mortgage is “loaded” obviously doesn’t have to deal with either issue.

1 Like

2 Likes

Also…in this day and age we often have both couples earning. £80k would not be beyond a lot of couples.

I don’t think many would say a couple earning that together would be loaded with so many variable factors there depending on how many kids they have, their mortgage, pensions etc. Comfortable really, but loaded?

Is a one income family (what was traditional and is no longer as valued by society) on that much really loaded either? This seems to assume they’ll be on £80k every year where as in reality most people will slide up the scale to that much and end up there for a few years before dropping out in their senior years. Additionally those people on £80k and “coining it” will have skills, experience, responsibility and often the workload to match that.

There is no question that there is a majority portion of the “0.1%” who hold a lot of capital and won’t go down the income chain…but they are the 0.1%, we are talking multiples of £80k.

I have no problem with rhetoric from people talking about inherited wealth but it’s actually really thick of the left to use it carte Blanche on income levels. It’s the reason why the Tories did so well over the years. Tony Blair for all his faults, got that.

1 Like