'Undocumented Irish'

Good counter argument there Flano.

Its complete horseshite. Dublin has lost its identity my hole. Things change and people evolve except Cork which is why its so fucking backward.

Didn’t realise you spent so much time in Cork.
Things don’t have to change so much that everybody driving around is 10 secs away from road rage, or that the people serving you your food can’t be nice, a drug war like no other in Europe going on in Housing estates etc etc. You still haven’t put up any counter argument. Saying its complete horseshite isn’t really an argument, and its burying your head in the sand.

The one thing i will say is the Service Industry problems are Country wide.

10 seconds? Thats a bit long, Farmer is constantly road enraged, even when he’s not in the car.

As regards people serving food. Go to the right places and you’ll be fine.

[quote=“Flano”]10 seconds? Thats a bit long, Farmer is constantly road enraged, even when he’s not in the car.

As regards people serving food. Go to the right places and you’ll be fine.[/quote]

You have an funny way of looking at things. You shouldn’t have to “know” where to go to find good service, it should be standard.

Where in Cork out of curiosity, I havent lived there in 4 years now, but when I lived there last I would have been mates with a few lads up in Gurrane and would have been up around there at night plenty, I lived in Togher when I was in UCC for a spell never really had any trouble. Saying that I never had an ounce of trouble in Dublin or Limerick either.

But Cork is lucky in that it hasnt, touch wood, seemed to be affected with the gang issues that Dublin and Limerick have.

do you have to state the fact that you lived in the US once on every thread you post on - no one cares- you are still an inbred hick bog monkey wherever you lived

[quote=“dancarter”]Where in Cork out of curiosity, I havent lived there in 4 years now, but when I lived there last I would have been mates with a few lads up in Gurrane and would have been up around there at night plenty, I lived in Togher when I was in UCC for a spell never really had any trouble. Saying that I never had an ounce of trouble in Dublin or Limerick either.

But Cork is lucky in that it hasnt, touch wood, seemed to be affected with the gang issues that Dublin and Limerick have.[/quote]

knocknaheeny for a start…parts of Mahon…i’d treat going past Hillbilly’s (i think thats what chipper is called) as going past anywhere on o’connell street…Is drugs in Cork city not meant to be run by one of the Limerick gangs?..

I dont think Knocknaheeny is comparable with Finglas/Blanch/Jobstown/Myross. Cant remember the last time I heard of a murder there? Then again I have an obvious natrual bias towards Cork. Maybe its due to the sheer number of students in the place that seems to dilute any hardcore trouble, any weeknight it would be 95%+ students out in the city.

Hilbillys is rough enough of a satruday night, but you are unlikely to get shot/stabbed/bottled there.

Dont know about the drugs thing to be honest, pretty easily available but dont knwo from where they are coming

The parts of Cork that I would avoid like the plague are the bits east of Kerry , south of Limerick and Tipperary and west of Waterford.

Yours etc,
GSH.

ah for the love 'n honour

[quote=“dancarter”]Where in Cork out of curiosity, I havent lived there in 4 years now, but when I lived there last I would have been mates with a few lads up in Gurrane and would have been up around there at night plenty, I lived in Togher when I was in UCC for a spell never really had any trouble. Saying that I never had an ounce of trouble in Dublin or Limerick either.

But Cork is lucky in that it hasnt, touch wood, seemed to be affected with the gang issues that Dublin and Limerick have.[/quote]

'tis time Dan.

Unless you’re talking about some miserable townsland beyond Dripsey 'tis GRAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNE bhoy.

'Tis time to come home bhoy

The Neptune Bingo callers will announce on your climb to Gurranabraher by way the Nort’Mon. A parade to the Parocial Hall will be led by the Butter’ah and will include the Fairhill Harriers, Na Phiarsigh (old and new), the Blarney Street Bowlers and the Cathedral Road Pidgeon Fanciers. It will commence in Blackpool for you to salute Heiniken and bless yourself at the former Glen Rovers depot.

Barrys tea, and corned beef sangers will served by the Churchfield mothers of seven group.

'tis all sorted.
'Tis time to come home.

[quote=“Mairegangaire”]'tis time Dan.

Unless you’re talking about some miserable townsland beyond Dripsey 'tis GRAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNE bhoy.

The Neptune Bingo callers will announce on your climb to Gurranabraher by way the Nort’Mon. A parade to the Parocial Hall will be led by the Butter’ah and will include the Fairhill Harriers, Na Phiarsigh (old and new), the Blarney Street Bowlers and the Cathedral Road Pidgeon Fanciers. It will commence in Blackpool for you to salute Heiniken and bless yourself at the former Glen Rovers depot.

Barrys tea, and corned beef sangers will served by the Churchfield mothers of seven group.

'tis all sorted.
'Tis time to come home.[/quote]

I agree - Dan its time for you to leave Dublin

Knocka was never that bad; trouble tended to be within very large families.

Now Mount Brosna and the Glen …

[quote=“dancarter”]I dont think Knocknaheeny is comparable with Finglas/Blanch/Jobstown/Myross. Cant remember the last time I heard of a murder there? Then again I have an obvious natrual bias towards Cork. Maybe its due to the sheer number of students in the place that seems to dilute any hardcore trouble, any weeknight it would be 95%+ students out in the city.

Hilbillys is rough enough of a satruday night, but you are unlikely to get shot/stabbed/bottled there.

Dont know about the drugs thing to be honest, pretty easily available but dont knwo from where they are coming[/quote]

I seem to remember shots being fired into a house in knocknaheany on sunday the 28th of september 2008…(ok I googled it) :smiley:

[quote=“Mairegangaire”]Knocka was never that bad; trouble tended to be within very large families.

Now Mount Brosna and the Glen …[/quote]

wasn’t there two particular families who used to clash in Cork?..I think both lost members in the fued…

Dont go Dan, clean the fuckers out of more money before you leave.

So the undocumented Irish eh?

[quote=“Mairegangaire”]'tis time Dan.

'tis all sorted.
'Tis time to come home.[/quote]

My chest is puffed out here and there is a tear in my eye. Brothers it might not be today or tomorrow but I will come home.

NCC, believe you me Id fairly fucking love to be gone out of Dublin. I am now about two years past my estimated time of departure. Unfortunately the CEC has put paid to these plans

I knew you’d pull that one. Knocknaheeney is relativitly quite really. There has been trouble in the past, but nothing like what goes on elsewhere. Hillbillies is usually sourounded by middle class teenagers, with a few scumbags, but nothing major ever happens there either.

The roughest parts of Cork are in and around Douglas Street, Barack Street at times, Leitrim Street. There are a few pubs around Blackpool, Ballypheane and Togher i’d make sure i went in with someone i knew. But you won’t get shot in Cork unless you deserve it!!!:smiley:

[quote=“caoimhaoin”]I knew you’d pull that one. Knocknaheeney is relativitly quite really. There has been trouble in the past, but nothing like what goes on elsewhere. Hillbillies is usually sourounded by middle class teenagers, with a few scumbags, but nothing major ever happens there either.

The roughest parts of Cork are in and around Douglas Street, Barack Street at times, Leitrim Street. There are a few pubs around Blackpool, Ballypheane and Togher i’d make sure i went in with someone i knew. But you won’t get shot in Cork unless you deserve it!!!:D[/quote]

Douglas St & Barrack St!?! Christ not when I lived in Cork; Every second house was filled with Students.

Now Leitrim Street was always a guaranteed fight night.

Maybe its time for me too.

Ncc aren’t you half Cork anyway? Remember I told you to google self loathing, its about time you did;)