'Undocumented Irish'

[QUOTE=“briantinnion, post: 1048191, member: 6”]

@Bisto - there’s way of getting a social security number without being legal. Not sure how it works but for example someone who went on a J1 would have gotten a social security number but their work visa is only valid for 90 days. I think you can also get one by doing a few things like getting a driving license first etc.[/QUOTE]

interesting…i thought of all countries, the US would have a system that flagged a social security number issued on a J1 that had overstayed its visa…

This shit boils my blood. Our politicians bleating on about it and how tough it is for Irish people, who knowingly illegally entered a country by the way, can’t come back here for a holiday. In the meantime we treat many immigrants to this country like animals and keep them in hovels waiting 8 or 9 years for a decision when they’ve done everything by the book and just want to make a better life for themselves. Fucking hypocrites.

[QUOTE=“briantinnion, post: 1048191, member: 6”]Woops, that’s embarrassing. I meant the Irish government in that context.

Our government (the US one) has rightly refused to do anything until border security is improved, however Emperor Obama has ignored the will of the elected representatives in the House and pushed this measure through.

@Bisto - there’s way of getting a social security number without being legal. Not sure how it works but for example someone who went on a J1 would have gotten a social security number but their work visa is only valid for 90 days. I think you can also get one by doing a few things like getting a driving license first etc.[/QUOTE]
those days are long gone brian.

your ignorance on this issue is disappointing.

that’s it, like in Oz, all white people went there illegally, or at least their decedents did.

You just supply a made up social security number, or get a fake social security card from the back of a van at some flea market. It’s the easiest thing in the world. Most employers don’t care, the IRS doesn’t care, no one really gives a shit except a small minority of hardcore right wing anti-immigrant fuckers.
The vast majority of Illegal immigrants pay federal taxes, and the US govt is a the net winner in that the illegals pay far more than they ever get back in return, as they can’t apply for social security or medicare etc.

If you deported every illegal in the US in the morning, the economy would collapse, esp in places like Texas, California and Illinois. They are the ones building everything, providing most of the labor in the service industry. and picking all the fruits and vegetables.

BTW, this used to be the Republican stance on illegal immigrants.
How times have changed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ixi9_cciy8w

Caro Kinsella (I think) on Morning Ireland this morning advising undocumented Irish on how to avoid getting caught for breaking the law in the US.

2 Likes

Advising them to know their rights and exercise them is another way of looking at it.

2 Likes

They just need to make sure they’re on the right side when they top out the wall.

Couldn’t we do a swap deal; where they legalise the 10,000 odd Irish illegals and we take 10,000 Mexicans off their hands. The standard of burritos would go through the roof and we might get a few soccer players out of it.

1 Like

Undocumented Irish is also Orwellian speak.

Once the wall is built and borders secured I expect an amnesty for illegal immigrants who remain.

Shure won’t the Oirish be building it?

My point exactly.
The lads better make sure they put the scaffolding on the inside.

They have a Mick from Galway held in Boston and they’re fucking him out ASAP. He’s undocumented. Hon Trump.

2 Likes

Pity its not Mick Galwey

5 Likes

For some reason immigration laws shouldn’t apply to Irish people.

Clinton did that in 08 (i think, maybe earlier). I know lads who availed. Some of tgem got processed by around 05/06. One of them took till 2012. 14 fucking years he could not go home.
The weird thing was he became a millionaire in the meantime and has a thriving business. You could get away with alot in the US.

1 Like

Ya i don’t get that.

I mean i get your average joe.ie tool expecting special privilages but the fucking government asking for it? Fuck me its as embarrassing as tge FAI looming for replays against France.

1 Like

The same lads who would be giving out about foreigners coming here and taking all the jobs.