University Challenge

The Slovak I labelled as a fraud pulled it out of the fire for them. The Australian Vermeer on Oxford team is unbelievable, kept them in touch and gave correct answers that Davies ignored.
Good team Trinity,not same vintage as Manchester winners from few years ago but worthy champions.

An epic night of viewing coming up for University Challenge fans on BBC 2 tonight. Their is a University Challenge documentary starting now, that looks back at the history of the show and some famous contestants, then at 9 p.m. we have the University Challenge Champion of Champions between Magdalen College, Oxford and Manchester University, both 4 time winners…It’s almost the equivelent of a European Cup Final between Real Madrid and AC Milan :clap::clap:

The Manchester team I referenced above cleaned house. I would say close to unbeatable.

Not one but two relatively tidy birds on it tonight

#BeTheLorth

[QUOTE=“chewy louie, post: 1024693, member: 1137”]Not one but two relatively tidy birds on it tonight

#BeTheLorth[/QUOTE]
That some relativity, as Darwin would have said (Fianna Fail, 2010).

Eleanor Turner remains the only lovely lady I’ve ever seen on the programme. That’s probably as it should be, though.

The intense hairy guy that featured in last year’s University Challenge is currently on the excellent Only Connect.

Victoria Coren has filled out a bit since her days on Late Night Poker but is still pretty tidy for a woman who must be well into her 40s at this stage.

David Mitchell has done well it’s fair to say.

Maudlin College, Oxford think Melbourne is in Queensland.

Bristol’s Reynolds may be the most attractive female contestant since Eleanor Turner. She’s carrying the team too.

I love the playful expressions on Reynolds’ face when she’s answering a question.

Bristol and Reynolds come late to win a ding-donger against the London School of Hygiene and Tropical medicine 160-135… :clap:

Definitely looking forward to seeing Bristol and Reynolds in the next round.

[ATTACH]2042[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]2043[/ATTACH]

Meh

Legrand from London tropical is a charming lady also, a posh and educated Lynn Boylan.

We are placing this in a university challenge context. In the valley of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Difficult to know who to support in tonight’s clash as my beloved Liverpool take on Bristol and the lovely Reynolds.

But thankfully we’re now at the convoluted quarter-final stage where the loser will live to fight another day.

A dominant performance from Maudlin College, Oxford tonight, crushing Trinity College, Cambridge 315 to 50.

It’ll take a serious team to beat them.

[SIZE=3]Lovely vignette on tonight’s show.

“Ordnance Survey Explorer maps have a scale to 1 to 25,000. How many kilometres on the ground would be represented by 5 centimetres on the map?”[/SIZE]

(long pause without an answer)

Trinity Walker: 2.5?

Paxman doesn’t respond.

Durham Morgan-Thomas: “2?”

"Noooo, it’s one and a quarter…"

“10 points for this…I’m not going walking with either of you…”

The audience laughs snottily. Sort of how one might laugh at a terse, shit attempt at humour in the letters section of the Irish Times. Ha[SIZE=3]ww de haww hawww.[/SIZE]

Vignette is a great word