University Challenge

Good finish in store here. Fancy Lilly to bring it home for Nottingham.

Cambridge are floundering

Never bet against Bungey. I’m not a fan of his irreverent style but can’t argue with his smarts.

I’ve grown to despise him over a number of appearances this series

1 Like

The big one just underway on BBC2.

Oxford takes on Cambridge in the form of St. John’s v Peterhouse.

H’on Peterhouse.

Woods Peterhouse is sort of like a mixture of Marianne Faithfull and Mrs Merton.

Wipe out for Oxford here.

disgraceful from Oxford

The Peterhouse Massacre.

They storm to victory in a manner reminiscent of how Wexford’s minor footballers destroyed Kilkenny on Saturday last.

Surely the most one-sided final of all time.

Peterhouse appeared on the very first programme of the series back on July 13th, 2015, and the last nine months have been a tour de force from them, although amazingly enough they came close to defeat by Glasgow in that first game in what was their biggest challenge of the entire series. A team for all seasons.

Cambridge beat Oxford in the final for the second year in a row, and with a crushing victory in the Boat Race secured a few weeks back, it’s a wonderful time to be of the light blue persuasion.

Back right now. Followed by Only Connect.

Rolleston from Bristol becomes the first prick that I take a dislike to this series. He’ll be the first of many.

1 Like

Paxman badly needs a haircut. Much like myself at the moment.

The winter starts here. :clap:

Can Tomsett from Bristol noto answer the questions himself?

Anyone see it earlier?

1 Like

Big night for Irish UC fans with our representatives from Queen’s University taking on Birmingham.

We have two Taigs, a Prod and a Yank on the team, although typically the Prod is the captain.

Padraig Regan is a ginger Pete Doherty who’s doing a PHD in poetry along with his team-mate and UC newbie, LA’s Caitlin/Kaitlin Newby.

Is that a novelty, oversized, furry piece of broccoli our representatives have as a mascot?

1 Like

The Taigs are doing their best to look baffled when the monarchy questions come up.

1 Like

In fairness, the lad in the hat needs a good punch in the face.

Saw that guy last week, he was fucking class. Kept buzzing in, regardless of whether he knew the answer. Very intense.

A pity Birmingham got that question about Don Quixote Airport.

I would have liked to find out is Paxo still pronouncing Don Quixote as “Don Quicksoat”.