University Challenge

She’s rotten. I’d be more interested in Lenon from Oxford who I see has already been mentioned on here.

I’d do her, the fact that she will one day be a well off doctor is a bonus. The other one is much better alright.

on again tonight

Poor effort from the teams with those Ivy League questions which I found very easy.

Smoker gave a look to Mindel that could kill when he got that question wrong there. :smiley:

It would have been a distastrous blow to the street cred of this programme if Manchester University hadn’t known what decade the Hacienda opened in. Thankfully that disaster was averted.

Down to the business end of things tonight. An epic semi final surely in store between UCL and New College Oxford.

UCL’s captain has been bugging the shit out of me all year.

the dork with the beard?

Yup. He’s a cunt.

thinks he is Ricky Gervais

Hood is carrying Oxford here. Terrific stuff.

Another Monday night, another title for Manchester as they retained the University Challenge crown beating University College London in the final. It’s their fourth title in eight years and they now draw level with Magdalen (pronounced Maudlin) College, Oxford in the all-time roll of honour. Undoubtedly the greatest University Challenge dynasty of all-time, Manchester have reached at least the semi-finals every year since 2004 and were also runners-up in 2007. It’s yet another triumph for legendary Manchester coach, former Celtic star Stephen Pearson, who turned the team’s season around after they dramatically found themselves 105 points down at one stage of their first round clash against Lincoln College, Oxford.

It’s back baby. A great hour of quizzing ahead as Only Connect follows on BBC Four at 8.30.

The winter starts here.

It’s on right now. BBC2. University of Bath has team members named Woof & Love.

Huge night for the Irish as Queens University, Belfast, take on Downing College, Cambridge, for a place in the quarter finals. The Irish are off to a solid start here and lead 35-0.

Suzanne Cobain from Co. Down proves she’s not just a pretty face as she correctly supplies her team-mates with the answer, Queen Anne, to the question "George of Denmark was married to which British monarch. Queens still well in control here, 85-35

A great night for the Irish as Queens enjoy a crushing victory on a scoreline of 210-135. The Irish clearly eased up somewhat towards the end to let their opponents put a look of respectability on the scoreboard but even then, the retards from Downing College, Cambridge, couldn’t manage this. I think we have a superb chance of going all the way this year.

Smells like team spirit.