Unpopular opinions or views you hold

Thatā€™s a good way of looking at it.

Christy carried ireland on his back for the best part of half a century. He kept us spiritually grounded during the hedonistic vapid materialism of the celtic tiger, while lads were losing the run of themselves, assembling property portfolios, atin smarties like yokes and ravin at the crossroads, christy reminded us of who we are and how misery is our natural resting mental bpm.
Besides, heā€™s in the RA

1 Like

I donā€™t even think he has that.

His covers of the Pogues stuff is atrocious.

2 Likes

I know he did fairytale and nobody could ever do that right, I canā€™t think of other pogues songs he did

His version of beeswing by Richard Thompson is my current favourite Christy song

2 Likes

He also did A Pair of Brown Eyes.

Thatā€™s part of my problem with him - what made him think he was worthy of covering such classics?

Anyway he did do a version of The Cliffs of Dooneen with Planxty which is the best version of that song I have heard.

2 Likes

Joxer,. Delirium tremens and lisdoonvarna are great aul comedic folk songs. Id go so far as to say they are ICONIC

3 Likes

He takes himself very seriously as a musician though - thatā€™s the problem.

2 Likes

Katie Taylors achievements, while not without some merit, are akin to Homer Simpsonā€™s boxing career in the grand scheme of things.

1 Like

You get a serious class of person at a Christy Moore gig.

Donā€™t forget your shovel if you want to go to work

Hennessy, or is that the other one

1 Like

Encore is a decent song as is Welcome to the Cabaret.

His version of The Contender and viva lan quinta Brigada are excellent too. As is Beeswing already mentioned above.

1 Like

That is a shocking statement.

If Katie Taylor wasnā€™t Irish youā€™d never have heard of her

4 Likes

That not what MBB said though.

Iā€™d agree with this. Its a bit like being Leitrim Long Puck champ. You are the best but its a small field.

10 Likes

I canā€™t sing ā€˜bright blue roseā€™ without imitating christuā€™s accent. He basically owns the song

1 Like

Fixed that for you

2 Likes

How many serious contenders are in her weight category? Id say youā€™d count them on one hand

1 Like

The achiements are not without merit but they are completely overblown on the Irish National scale.

Iā€™m happy to hold this unpopular opinion. I doubt sheā€™d warrant much mention in a country with a decent international sporting pedigree.