Unpopular opinions or views you hold

I concur.

Hope sheā€™s earned enough from it to live a good life but you couldnā€™t rate what sheā€™s done too seriously.

1 Like

Thereā€™s a lot of wokeisim behind the oirish support of Taylor, mainly the likes of Twitter heros who supported abortion, lads expressing outrage who wouldnā€™t cross the road to watch her fight, professional complainers

5 Likes

Its true tbh, while very talented herself, her resume is very thin. Her sport just hasnā€™t the depth of competition.

Youā€™d regularly hear people putting her above the likes of Sonia Oā€™Sullivan and Eamon Coughlan.

There is no depth to womanā€™s boxing in the pros especially. 4 belts per division. Look at the weight class Natasha Jonas is a champion in, look at the girl she won the belt off. Thatā€™s just one.

Katie was beaten at the Olympics in 16 and thatā€™s why she turned pro, her speed was going and the pros was much easier than amateurs.

3 Likes

She wouldnā€™t even come close to Catriona McKiernan

2 Likes

Rachel Blackmore is far more successful in her choosen field

Agree completely. I donā€™t know much about athletics but she was clearly very high level and could mix it with the very best in the right conditions. Brilliant longevity as well. Weā€™d love a few more like her.

2 Likes

I follow racing closely but couldnā€™t really compare a jockey favourably with a track athlete or a boxer really. STS or Frankel maybe though!

And I hold no grudge against Taylor, shes done incredibly well and it isnā€™t her fault her achievements are completely overblown by a fawning sports media and public.

We have a genuine female sporting superstar coming in Rhasidat Adeleke, what sheā€™s currently doing is incredible, and in a proper competitive environment.

2 Likes

Rachel is an excellent jockey though. The first time that mare won at Cheltenham, she mugged off Townend good and proper with a very ballzy move.

1 Like

Probably a better sport for young girls to aspire to as well.

Not a cover

1 Like

The woke crowd have boxing ruined

Is there more hurlers or female boxers in the world?

Aisling - YouTube

Christy Moore - Aisling - YouTube

The only other female competing in a ā€˜manā€™sā€™ sport that is more impressive than Taylor is Fallon Sherrock.

Isnā€™t she playing on the menā€™s tour?

She is. And I was taking the piss.

Iā€™m sure @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy will happily pull the answer to this question out of his arse.

Iā€™ve only ever seen her fight once, the Olympic final, but sheā€™s been mentioned as possibly top pound for pound ladies fighter, which is a fine thing to be said about you

But I have zero and will never have any interest in girls boxing

I think the point is that female boxing has a far greater global appeal than stick stick.

1 Like