Unpopular opinions or views you hold

Entitled to your opinion. I think there is genuinely millions of lives at stake between a peace deal being gained rather than driving on the war further (via more and more potent long range weapons etc being sent in) which could potentially keep this going on for a decade.

Look, each to their own. Thats just my opinion. I donā€™t see a quick win for either side.

There were and are millions of lives at stake which the likes of you proved you didnā€™t give a fuck about when you were joking for months poo pooing the idea of Putin launching a full invasion when I was telling yis for months it was going to happen.

Now your solution is to let the Nazis take over. Good grief.

I was wrong about that. Admitted so at the time and said Putin was abhorrently wrong for invading. Two wrongs doesnt make a right though in terms of the way some in the west want to navigate this. The Ukrainans are not going to win realistically. Its likely going to be a deadlock for years with millions of needless casualities. Then you add in the China element. Its precarious stuff. Some grown up thinking from the powers that be wouldnt go astray.

Do you think it was right that the Allies never countenanced ā€œpeaceā€ with the Nazis?

What two wrongs?

You still never answered my question from earlier, so weā€™ll leave it there.

Maybe have another read of the thread mate, Iā€™m not going to spoon feed you.

Ok. You were wrong about the peace prize, wrong about the invasion, and youā€™re wrong again now.

Your ā€œquestionā€ was so utterly nonsensical and like something Lavrov would say and so insulting as to not merit a fart in response.

Of course you canā€™t answer the question. To do so would either expose you as a pro-Nazi loon or make you look so hypocritical the flies on the wall would be laughing at you.

Iā€™ll try to say this in the nicest possible way. You are either a troll or a complete and utter thicko completely out of their depth on anything to do with this topic.

I was right about the aul bit of covid though. You lads went full facist on that and its worse yeā€™re getting. No middle ground whatsoever. Just attack any other opinion that doesnt suit the narrative. Far right this. Awkward squad that. Kick them out of society etc

I just find it very odd that the ā€œbe kindā€ or ā€œwokeā€ posters want a war to go on for the foreseeable with no consideration at all for human suffering on both sides.

Its just good vs evil with ye and thats actually pure madness.

1 Like

Iā€™ve said for years that one of the classic tactics of the headbangers is to claim matters are black and white when they are extremely grey, and to try and introduce fake nuance in matters which very much are black and white.

We have a classic of the stereotype on this thread.

Cracking Up Lol GIF by HULU

The ironing of you saying that.

An ā€œI know you are but what am I?ā€ answer, accompanied by a gif. The proverbial grunt from a pig. Youā€™re doing a hell of a job of proving me right about you.

World War II did result in Eastern Europe being under a totalitarian regime. The Soviets killed. more than the Nazis. But at least Western Europe was free. The advent of atomic and nuclear weapons was the only reason we didnā€™t have World War III. Yet.

The Russians never faced a proper national reckoning like they should have, which is why we are in this position now.

Also geography. Germany and Japan were more easily contained and basically made proper vassal states of, which they needed to be to come to their senses.

Russia was never made a proper vassal state. It needed to be. If it had been it would have had a Marshall plan and been more successful because it would have had more investment building up a functioning state, which is essential to attain economic prosperity and a good standard of living for its citizens.

The west was both too soft on Russia post 1991 (in terms of militarism) and too harsh (in terms of imposing chaos economics). The west thought both of these things were in its own self interest and on both counts was wrong.

Liverpools 7-0 victory over Manchester United at the weekend is the last sting of a dying wasp.

Or the first sting of a reborn something or other

You might not be wrong there unfortunately

Gearoid Neville was half rightā€¦ It was as much about man utds capitulation than anything Liverpool did. Liverpool are not ā€˜backā€™

1 Like

Manchester United will take at least 36 points from the remaining 39 available to them and will win the league.