Unpopular opinions or views you hold

A great man who came from child abuse onto drug addiction to recover to have a half normal life. Aslan had at most 4 possibly 5 decent songs, not great, but Christy Dignam had great dignity for all that’s been thrown at him down the years.

5 Likes

I think he’s a decent/harmless sort of chap who had a tough life and will remember him as such.

6 Likes

I was never keen on Christy because tubridy used to be always raciving on about him.

Was Dolores O’Riordan was “a junkie scrote” because she had substance abuse issues? She was a human being who affirmed humanity with her voice, but suffered a lot though her too short life. People identify with suffering and tragedy.

Christy Dignam was loved not just because he was a genuinely amazing singer who gave us spine tingling musical moments – probably only Sinead O’Connor can rival him as an Irish rock 'n roll voice – but because his life was lived in the face of suffering – in the face of poverty, sex abuse, heroin addiction, cancer. Because he was a beautiful, tender soul, somebody who struggled and overcame, but remained absolutely rooted in where he came from. He and his music represented an idea of Finglasness, Northsideness, Dublinness. He became more and more loved as he endured, and survived.

The vulnerable are the most loved heroes - everywhere, but especially in Dublin. Paul McGrath. Luke Kelly. Philo. SinĂŠad. Christy.

With Luke Kelly, Philo and Dolores O’Riordan, people didn’t get a proper chance to realise just how much they loved them until they died. With Christy, they did. I think some people weirdly resent that, perhaps because Ryan Tubridy platformed Christy and Aslan so much. Tubs chose well.

19 Likes

The mass adoption of Aslan by salt of the earth Dublin types sort of ruined them as a band for everybody else.

3 Likes

A beautiful tribute :clap::clap:
I walked the length of Patrick Street with Christy one time, he was probably on heroin at the time but he was a gentleman. He had a powerful voice and ‘this is’ is one of the greatest Irish songs IMO
He had an interesting life and overcame an awful lot,
How weird is it to dislike somebody on the back of being liked by another genuine decent skin in Ryan Tubridy, sone people are incredibly odd.
I hope Christy has the world of tributes thrown at him

5 Likes

https://twitter.com/emma_nidhulaing/status/1668682933878530063?s=46&t=3dkoDtDtBjNbfb6fbNY8_Q

Here comes the rain and the climate change lunatics are terrified of it :joy::joy::rofl::hugs:

The arrival of rain is now a climate emergency.

1 Like

Fucking women drivers

https://twitter.com/sabhat_sean/status/1668693214620950548?t=gZW2xEfkSpb9g1kK0DTc1A&s=19

:astonished:

Great post

Paddy Jackson has gotten a raw deal.

1 Like

Oh my goodness, I’m so excited & delighted. @Rocko, is that Brendan emoji still accessible?

This new football championship structure is fit for purpose. The best football teams in the country are in the quarter finals. The preliminary quarters finals were in the main dingers. The group stages will be even better next year as teams have figured out that every game matters.

10 Likes

I think it would be okay if it wasn’t for the provincials before it. That’s an awful lot of games that mean nothing before you get down to the KO

But sure isn’t that what county players want? Matches.

1 Like

100pc. The early games are for players to play matches. They need to market these to families to boost crowds. The knock outs are the serious stuff then with all the best teams. Great format that will only get better as you said as people start to understand it

They’re like playdates for amateur hobbyist sportsmen.

2 Likes

Deadly serious now though for the Meaths and Downs of this world if you can get relegated to to Tailteann Cup.

Meath didn’t take it too serious. It seemed to me they wanted to be relegated to the Tara Towers Cup.

Down under Conor Laverty are on the way up. They’ll win the All-Ireland by 2026.