Unpopular opinions or views you hold

Much and all as it’s still revered and by far the most competitive championship left, winning the Ulster championship is kinda pointless if you get to this stage and still have 3 other Ulster teams left.

Anything less than three teams in the quarters would be evidence of free state anti-ulster bias.

Knock out matches are mighty.

There is one significant drawback though I see.

Going into the first match in Connacht this year, the loser would end up playing two less matches than the winner had both theoretically went on to win the All Ireland.

Encores are shite. Play your set and leave the stage in the style of Mastodon and the War on Drugs. This fucking ritual of cheering and clapping and then ohh will they come out and play some more gives me the pip. Play your set well and fuck off.

22 Likes

Sam Fender played in Dublin during the week and Seventeen Going Under was part of his encore.

So he walked off stage having not played his most famous song by a mile.

It’s all a bit daft.

But I wouldn’t be as angry about it as you. It’s tradition more than anything.

Some cunts do two encores. Now that’s self indulgent tripe.

I saw The Dandy Warhols back around 2000 up in Dublin. It got to the stage where they would finish up the show, head backstage for a slash and then go back on for an encore. The lights came on. They said “this whole encore stuff is bullshit but we are taking a quick smoke break. Have a chat to whoever is beside you. Even better if they’re a stranger”. The band sat on the stage, smoked a fag, and then got back up and did a few more songs.

I would also say that some of the biggest hits are left for encores generally. You climax at the end.

1 Like

Sounds like a lecturer when you’re in first year in college and you’re dreading them saying that.

:laughing::laughing::laughing: they were pretentious enough. It was back during that time when the lass on keyboards used to whip off her top during the show, but it was a cold winter night in Dublin from what I recall.

Was it just the top half Father of did you get to see the whole thing?

Top only

@farmerinthecity and @Fagan_ODowd discussing music.

@Mac makes an appearance in the lift

2 Likes

The GAA has 0 right to have games free to air on RTE. Just because there’d be over 70k in Croke Park, doesn’t mean it should be shown on telly.

3 Likes

Tomas O’Se is a very cliche driven pundit. Lazy analysis mostly.

3 Likes

Agreed. We were just giving about here that he is useless

1 Like

Clifford’s pass is overrated.

2 Likes

It’s cringe worthy, he just booted it out over his head.

1 Like

A hit n hope worthy of a fella like Niall Scully

Tomas is a nostalgia driven throwback, a wistful reminder of simpler times, curlews snipes, dancing at crossroads and regional accents.
Peter cunuhvun is pure turgid…someone could shoot him live on air and his tone of voice wouldn’t charge

2 Likes

I’d rather listen to Faithless tunes without Maxi Jazz droning on with his lyrics.

1 Like

No idea what you’re talking about, but I’m throwing you a like for thinking about us when you’re stoned