Unpopular opinions or views you hold

Same. She soundtracked my youth. Herself and Veronica Guerin were titanic losses to quality Irish journalism.

There’s an awful lot of shite broadcasters and pundits I notice as well. People who are on TV and radio that shouldn’t be.

Too many people that when they open their mouth, you’d cringe.

That’s offensive to gorillas. You’d much rather hear from a gorilla.

2 Likes

You’d trust a gorilla more with your sister anyway.

2 Likes

McGregor isn’t the biggest Irish star. He self promotes on social media.

Ireland still have colossal global stars, Bono, neeson, brosnan, cillian murphy, brendan gleeson, colin farrell.

Saoirse Ronan, enya.

1 Like

You seem to be going out of your way to go against the grain here. First she wasn’t a musical genius by your standards and second the world won’t miss her. It isn’t usually your way but you seem to be trying hard to be a bit of a dick.

Mcgregor is definitely the biggest star outside of Ireland, particularly for anyone under 40 at the moment. A sad reality

2 Likes

Comfortably so, it’s depressing.

2 Likes

‘Ooh are uh lyling too?’ and ‘what were you selling at Cadburys?’ are the two most entertaining segments of television I’ve seen this year.

Was travelling to a wedding a few weekends ago and Hannon’s girlfriend/wife Louise Cantillon was presenting a music show recap show if some kind on Today FM.

How she isn’t presenting on RTE when you’ve the likes of AG, MM, LR is baffling.

Thank god im over 40. A disgusting human being. Is that what young people look up to.

Our heroes took drugs but could handle it

3 Likes

Thats a good list

This chance sighting still occasionally crosses my mind. I can still picture it in my mind’s eye. It was the only time I ever saw her in real life. She was magnetic. I felt good for the rest of the day after seeing her.

No wonder irelands youth are acting like they do.

1 Like

Why, because I said she wasn’t a musical genius? I don’t recall you espousing her genius before she died and you hopped on the bandwagon (mind you, you are Limerick).
The world will move on and forget. It’s just a fact. It ends in dust and disarray.

1 Like

Go on Tattle, the piece of human filth get the treatment he deserves

She was a hottie. Played bands and music Irish DJs hadn’t the scope, taste or motivation to find. She made Fanning look like a hapless amateur.

It wouldn’t be hard.

A shrill, arrogant cunt

1 Like

Say what you want about him now but Fanning was a very important figure for the Irish music scene for decades,
We’re spoilt for choice now in many ways but his evening show was the only way to access non mainstream music back in the day, outside of Dublin anyway

1 Like

That’s not to say he’s not a shirll, arrogant cunt and he has been for as long as i remember

Were you able to pick up the signal for BBC radio in Cork at the time?

1 Like