Unpopular opinions or views you hold

Itā€™s a fairly toxic dust that needs to settle. Itā€™d almost need to be a club with no ladies team, or thereā€™d be a mutiny.

Youā€™d be surprised what Clubs can get away with, but heā€™s more high profile I suppose.

Heā€™d probably get a gig in Saudi Arabia

4 Likes

I donā€™t think you have to be a lady to be utterly sickened with that scumbagā€™s carry on.

1 Like

As much as I despised him prior to the allegations, they really are just that at this point.

Bank Holiday Weekends are grossly overrated.

7 Likes

Iā€™d hate to have to take a monday off. (Iā€™d make an exception of it happened to fall on December 25th)

I sort of agree. A February bank holiday weekend in particular feels weird. I grew to dislike weekends altogether and particularly bank holiday weekends after my eye problem as it meant retina services were off for an extra day, but that has slowly subsided.

Friday and Saturday nights of a bank holiday weekend are diminished as going out nights. The Sunday is the centrepiece, particularly Sunday afternoon/early evening. 5pm on the Sunday is prime bank holiday weekend drinking time. You get an excellent class of drinker out at that time.

The best Bank Holiday weekends are, or at least were:

1. May - Crucible time, and
  2. August - ye olde All-Ireland football quarter-finals weekend. Now sadly RIP. Another victim of the split season. The fuckers wonā€™t even do the moderately decent thing and move the football final back to the August bank holiday weekend. August bank holiday weekend now feels pointless as a result, so the June one has taken its place as runner up.

Best Bank Holiday weekends in my lifetime:

1. August 2002
  2. Easter 2009
  3. May 2001

The finals of all major snooker finals should take place on Bank Holiday weekends. The Grand Prix final on Bank Holiday Sunday night at the end of October was a lovely little tradition (RIP). Tonight would be a grand night for a Benson and Hedges Masters final from Wembley Conference Centre (RIP).

3 Likes

According to some folk on here it isnā€™t actually a bank holiday

A lot of bad things like accidents tend to happen on Bank Holiday Weekends.

Thereā€™s a weird atmosphere around them. Crowds at matches tend to be down. Any club team trying to organise training around a BH Weekend can forget it.

Give me the humble normal Weekend over a Bank Holiday weekend any day of the week.

By whom?

Wireless earphones are a load of bollox. Started back using wired Bose ones again and everything sounds a thousand times better. No worrying about battery either.

1 Like

If you get a day off work whatā€™s not to like, otherwise what is there to like? :man_shrugging:

1 Like

August 2010

I was at the Galway Races on the Saturday and just watched the GAA for the day. Two shocks in the quarters with provincial winners both beaten. Down beat Kerry (defending AI champions) and Dublin beat Tyrone.

Back home to Leitrim for the Sunday for Cork to beat Roscommon and Kildare to beat Meath - all qualifier victories. Attempts to rise a local Kerryman who denied knowing that the match the previous day even existed.

2 Likes

I know where youā€™re coming from but the week after is much shorter to Friday which I really like.

A Friday day off is much better than a Monday day off

8 Likes

They should have tacked on a second day to st Patrickā€™s day. Would give people a 4 day weekend a five day break when it falls on a Wednesday if they take one day annual leave

Yeah thatā€™s a better approach.

Today is costing the professional services firm a solid fortune in work not done or overtime.

Outrageous really.

Up your game man. Can you not work out a way to claim it as a tax rebate for profit lost by state policy? You must be little 8 or round of 16 rather than big 4 with that attitude.

We wouldnā€™t make the round of 32.

Iā€™m an ordinary man. Nothing special nothing grand.

2 Likes