Unpopular opinions or views you hold

Never in question. Canavan is down between Ian Twiss and John Crowley

1 Like

He fucked the Dubs over in 01. May have not garnered an all Ireland but @BruidheanChaorthainn has handed them out for less

Ah Dublin were shit at that time. Maurice was in the prime of his career around then and he was an impact sub. GOAT i don’t think so.

Whats this?

Maurice won his first All-Star in 1988, he was nearly entitled to be taking a seat the odd time by 2001.

1 Like

What were maurice Fitz’s other big game performances bar 97 final? I think he was decent in the semi that year v Cavan too

Ah he was a brilliant player. I just don’t believe he was the GOAT

2 Likes

He was a stylish player you’d pay to watch on his best day but that didn’t happen enough . Wee Pee was a force of nature , a little man playing full forward in the white heat of Ulster championship . He was a livewire that dropped deep and scored points from everywhere .he carried Tyrone for years

3 Likes

A poor mans Ja Fallon

1 Like

Canavan was a Derek Savage-lite

1 Like

Were Kerry completely crap in the 90s? It’s mad but Kerry haven’t had a great team in 30 odd years. There
Mid 00s side were a fine team but the northern teams had the Indian sign over them for the best part of twenty years now.

Canavan was Oasis, Fitzgerald was Pulp.

Canavan was a cheat when spillane had retired and cheating was no longer a thing. In fairness he inspired tyrone to cheat their way to three all Ireland tirles, only one of which counts

Taylor Swift is only moderately attractive.

9 Likes

Ive done worse…and better

1 Like

The mid to late 00s Kerry team was a great team by any standard you want to judge it. The 3 O Ses, Declan O Sullivan, gooch, Donaghy were brilliant players. Tyrone were a great team too though and beat them when it mattered. Themselves and the dubs 6 in a row are the three great teams of my time watching football since 86 or so.

2 Likes

Maybe but the losses to Tyrone and Armagh are a black mark.

They won’t a few diddy all Irelands v cork and mayo too.

Agree totally. Huge level of consistency. Played in 6 finals in a row, 04 - 09. Outside of Dublin the last county to go back to back.

1 Like

Ah the diddy thing is a stupid argument I think. Cork and mayo were decent teams at the time, cork especially, and kerry beat Armagh in the quarters one year anyway. They were in 6 all Ireland finals in a row.

She’s a bit ordinary without the makeup alright.

IMG_5316