Unpopular opinions or views you hold

The grading system in general is impossible to do fairly and is as open to abuse as dogs on a plane.

1 Like

It’s like teaming up with the fastest lad in the class for the three legged race or wheelbarrow race on school sports day

In the wheelbarrow race would the fastest lad be the pusher or the barrow? Similar to the 3 legged race if these lads are not of similar capability it will end in disaster.

2 Likes

The barrow is the limiting factor. You need strong and fast arms. Any cunt can run faster than a lad can crawl.

The 3 legged race trick is to use a headband or something with some elasticity to tie the legs.

1 Like

I get your point but a fast lad can more or less drag the other fella along, if the other fella isn’t a complete godhelpus.

The Nations League Soccerball idea is a good thing to eliminate a whole host of meaninglessness friendly games

5 Likes

Id say most agree with that

1 Like

Yes…a dull enough opinion

4 Likes

I presumed it was @fran who posted it

1 Like

It also eliminates the post-major tournament hangover for other teams that we used to our advantage numerous times in the early stages of qualification when we weren’t total shite.

Yeah I remember watching us beating Croatia 2-0 in September 98 in The Finsbury Park tavern of a Saturday evening.

3 Likes

Nobody understands it. It is unnecessarily complicated.

While recent statistics around child poverty are concerning, the focus on the government being cause and solution to it is ridiculous. Each case is different and the degree of personal responsibility of parents needs to be foremost in the conversation.

1 Like

Charles Trevelyan thought the same

1 Like

Ah get out of it.

I’ve never heard of it tbh

The league itself is simple.

It’s the process where it can get you a playoff where the complication can be

Agreed…

International football has been kilt.

While friendlies were a dose, the old qualifying groups were epic. This nations thing now plays some part in it and it feels like you have to completely hopeless (Ireland ,)not get a playoff of some sort.

3 Likes

Football has seen the success off test matches in rugby and wands a piece of the action.

Well said Farmer Rees Mogg

2 Likes