Unpopular opinions or views you hold

Cc @Tassotti

Nicky English is not as boring on commentary as some would have you believe, in fact he’s an excellent analyst and columnist.

Watched Sunday’s match back on Sky, their coverage is superior to RTE in every way.

7 Likes

Ditto Eamon Fitzmaurice

2 Likes

Same with the football.

Watched it live on sky, very enjoyable

Don’t let the sun go down on me
The one
Healing hands

They’re my favourite three.
I don’t think he’s an asshole at all having read his book. I think he’s a decent person.

1 Like

Now that is an unpopular opinion.

English is an excellent analyst. Knows his hurling inside-out and has an uncanny knack of spotting things before they happen.

I think that like. Eamonn Fitzmaurice, Oisin McConville and the lovely Ursula, fickle observers are influenced by his speaking voice rather than what he is actually saying.

As regards Sky, I think Gráinne McElwain is very good but that Jamesie O’Connor is a fucking pox.

4 Likes

We need a power ranking of co commentators

Duignan > All

1 Like

Yes I like Duignan. Plus he’s a good analyst and a decent guy and he put his money where his mouth is with Offaly GAA.

3 Likes

Song for guy

Saturday nights alright

I guess that’s why they call it the blues

Blue eyes

Philadelphia freedom

He should have given up the gig with rte when taking the role with Offaly

Why? He has proved that he can do both successfully.

2 Likes

He’s some man for one man

I played against him once. Held my own in fairness.

1 Like

Bar the poorly worded statement, the Tipperary county board acted decisively and made the correct decision to appoint Liam Cahill.

2 Likes

A very astute analyst. At the start of 2018, he predicted Limerick for the All Ireland and Cian Lynch for HOTY. He was the only one who did in the paper of record that January.

1 Like

A strong Limerick accent is up there with Wexford as most annoying in the country.

Joe Quaid seems like a thoroughly alright sort but Christ I was watching his Laochra Gael recently and his accent would go through you.

1 Like