Unpopular opinions or views you hold

Might as well stop funding all gaelic related activities no? Just keep the ones you like ?

1 Like

Where did this love of England stem from?

Hes been in the book for a while now

2 Likes

Just the pointless dead peasant language chief. I am a man of practicalities. There is nothing practical about the Irish tongue.

oh, if included GGA too then we should at least listen to @Gary_Birtles_Lovechi

3 Likes

Ok mate

You know I’m right.

I think we should keep the Irish language as it’s very useful when speaking to other Irish people on trains abroad when you don’t want non-Irish people to understand what you’re saying.

4 Likes

Better than Britain for the last 30?

2 Likes

I suggest you need visit Britain

We’re flying it.

Food banks are the third emergency service in the Uk.

1 Like

oooffffftttttt

I suspect you never left it.

1 Like

That’s a very idiotic statement.

As an aside to this, during the Ireland - USSR game at Euro '88 the Soviet players were shouting away to each other in Russian, unaware that in their midst was a fluent speaker of Russian, Tony Galvin.

Galvin listened in intently and where possible filtered back any relevant information he was overhearing to other players and the manager.

At the end of the game he engaged with the Soviet players in fluent Russian and they nearly dropped.

This tale may be slightly embellished but I’m going with it anyway.

7 Likes

C’est la vie is a great tune.

5 Likes

I’d say it’s been better than England and Wales for the last 40 years.

2 Likes

Just by comparison I am wondering, is there no funding in the UK for Scots Gaelic and Welsh? Who funds BBC Alba and BBC Cymru?

You’re spot on. He’s got a degree in Russian

I have visited Britain plenty of times. Its a good place to go out in but ultimately a shithole