Unpopular opinions or views you hold

Everyone admits heā€™s an awful poet, thatā€™s a given alright. He speaks a good speach IMHO. If anyone has backed Irish football in Leinster House heā€™d definitely have been one of them, being president of Galway Utd of course as well.

1 Like

In fairness to him, when he was renting out the house in Galway, I remember someone in the pub saying to me that he was charging only something like 80 or 90 quid per room which was very little even 4 or 5 years ago there.

Read he always brought plenty deserving people to the Aras as well. Not a bad guy, just not my guy.

I wonder did Labour quite realise how popular he was. I know twasnā€™t the best presidential field he beat but people seem to have liked him more, the more they have seen of him.

Didnā€™t realise that either. That was a great addition to Irish life. A television channel that punches well above its weight. Heā€™s a nice man Iā€™m sure, just wouldnā€™t have him No.1 on list of people to have a pint with.

2 Likes

He might have changed later on

3 Likes

Saw Doctors even wrote a song about the man years before he even thought about presidency. They knew alright.

1 Like

In his first presidential campaign the media gave him a free pass while eviscerating every other candidate. He hardly opened his mouth during the debates. He won by default.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s because there was no dirt to be found on him.

Itā€™s like people saying that Joe Biden got an easy run versus that pig Trump.

Absolutely no need to cancel the soccer because the queen died

8 Likes

As if any of them give a damn about her anyway. PC nonsense.

:joy:

3 Likes

They didnā€™t look hard

Blame @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Thats bullshit. Its "protocol " over there for whatever its worth. Not condoning what the rovers fans did but premier league games were always going to be cancelled after she died

I doubt anyone really believed it was because of rovers fans

2 Likes

You might be right,
Perhaps it wasnā€™t all down to the Shamrock rovers fans :man_shrugging:

Sorry @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy :+1:

1 Like

Me 1 -footix 0

Happy enough to take the win here

1 Like

The club came out strongly against the fans. Quisling behaviour

1 Like

You couldnā€™t go wrong betting on the simple nature of folk